“beautiful and it was very nice to be downtown”
Review of Taylor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Taylor House Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay and this lovely place popped up on our GPS. The owners were very nice to us and I feel like we didn't miss out on any experiences that the Inn had to offer. What I loved about the location of the Inn was that it was on a quiet street and that we could easily walk to the Cape Fear river walk, fabulous restaurants and stores along the river. I would listen to the recommendations of the innkeepers because they pointed my husband and I to the best restaurants in town and some of their favorite shops.. They also gave us lovely directions to the beach and we had no problem getting there. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch and sipping the most delicious ice tea. The rooms are spacious, clean and restful. Every morning we were greeted with coffee outside our door, and a delicious breakfast in the formal dining room. We loved the innkeepers attention to detail liked the fresh flowers in our room . It just made our stay seem special.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Taylor House Inn

Reviewed August 4, 2008

My daughter and I are visiiting colleges and decided to stop in Wilmington to UNCW. We stayed here and loved it. The innkeepers Scott and Karen were so nice and helpful and answered all of our qurestions with enthusiam and a smile on their face. Our room was clean and beautiful. Very well decorated.and freshly ironed linens were such a lovly touch. OUr breakfats were so delicious and exquisitely presented that we did not want to leave the table. I have already made a reservation to come back with my husband and enjoy the romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband and I truly needed to "runaway" from the comfort of our home to accomodate the restoration of our ancient hardwood floors. Since Wilmington is less than a three hour drive from our home in North Carolina, I began a search for a low-key, comfortable bed and breakfast close to downtown Wilmington and area beaches. We needed the gift of comfort and the invitation to inspiration and relaxation that Scott and Karen Clark offered so generously as innkeepers.

Our stay in the "Peace" bedroom was so restful that we could have slept the days away. However the wonderful aromas from downstairs were impossible to ignore.

We have stayed in many charming bed and breakfasts throughout the United States and abroad, but it is a sweet moment when we are able to celebrate the excellent service of bed and breakfast owners in our home state. Breakfast at the Taylor House exceeds the quality of breakfasts we've recently experienced during our bed and breakfast excursions...Scott and Karen get the awards for YUMMYIEST! GLORIOUS PRESENTATION!

The professional delivery of services that included Scott not only easing my mind by calling me at home to discuss severe storm speculations before our departure to Wilmington and providing great dining options which included actually taking care of procurring dinner reservations was far beyond our expectations,

Long chats on the porch with Karen, fresh flowers daily in the bedroom, detailed room cleaning, and coffee delivered upstairs promptly at 8:00 every morning are just more of the many courteous details that make this a memorable experience. We returned home very relaxed and appreciative of the ongoing friendliness and high protocol of care that was extended to us.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildwoman46
Reviewed July 17, 2008

As with most of our B&B choices now we chose the Taylor House based on location, price and the appearance of the rooms in on-line photos.

The Taylor House is one of the best B&Bs we've stayed in many years of B&B experiences in the US and Europe. From our arrival when innkeeper Scott sat us down with the Wilmington tourist map to explain the town layout and give us choices that fit our needs/interests until we departed four days later we were made to feel welcome at this friendly B&B. His frank descriptions and recommendations saved us from experimenting with everything from restaurants to beaches. Our stay at the Taylor House not only enhanced our stay but gave us such a good feel for Wilmington we plan to return.

Breakfasts are filling and varied with fresh fruit plates, juices and a range of entrees. In addition guests are provided a wake-up cup of coffee before breakfast and afternoon glasses of tea in the upstairs hall serving area.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We were in Wilmington for a wedding and we wanted something a little different from the usual hotel. Taylor House Inn was just what we needed. The house itself was great and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious. What made this visit so special was Scott and Karen.
Scott and Karen were wonderful hosts and looked after us during our visit. Coming from Germany we needed a few tips about where to go and where to eat. Scott and Karen made sure we had the right recommendations.
My best memory was coming back from the wedding about 11.00 and drinking coffee and chatting with Scott and Karen to the wee early hours.
My only regret was that wife could not make this trip. My wife spent some time finding this wondeful B&B but could not join us due ill health in the family. I am going to find an excuse to make another booking and take her with me.
In addition to the wonderful breakfasts, we were lucky to meet some other guests. The convesation was interesting and informative.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I stayed here when I was in Wilmington to attend a family wedding. I chose this place rather than a hotel because I wanted to experience the charm of a Southern porch. What a fantstic place to stay - charming and atmospheric with wonderful hosts in Karen and Scott. Nothing was too much trouble for them - and they provided all home comforts. The breakfasts were unbelievably delicious and relaxing. All guests eat together around a beautifully laid table in an inviting dining room. I joined in so many fascinating discussions with the other guests - and what an international array of guests there were: from Scotland, Germany, USA.

Karen and Scott were always on hand to provide advice and diretion about local amenities and customs. Additionally, they have a delightfully wry world view which prompted camarederie amongst the guests.

I really didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2008

My husband and I were in town for a week to celebrate my grandmother's 95th birthday. After doing our research, we decided to try out Taylor House Inn. I had high expectations, but they blew them out of the water. We had flight delays and issues getting to town from Milwaukee, but Scott was accommodating and met us at the door when we arrived. Scott and Karen have a beautiful home that is inviting and unpretentious, and their personalities make you want to sit on the porch swing and talk with them all day. Our room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable and the food was amazing. We did ask a special favor of Scott and Karen - to make a special birthday breakfast for my grandma and my parents. They were able to accommodate our request since it was the middle of the week, and we were the only guests that night. Having a wonderful breakfast on china in a beautiful home served by lovely people was the highlight of my grandma's birthday. We highly recommend Taylor House Inn to anyone traveling in the area, and we will make it our home away from home whenever we travel to Wilmington.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple