All reviews complimentary drink at the bar front desk market street pool and hot tub hotel bar room was clean an upgrade breakfast and dinner close to downtown free breakfast hotel is great breakfast was excellent staff was very friendly and helpful excellent stay fitness center would definitely stay here again wilmington area
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Two front desk people not eager to help, had to get manager on duty, Couldn't figure out pre reservations for a large group, watch your wallet in the parking lot. people hanging out front smoking, not good,.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Dani-K-Travel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide a five star experience for our guests, so we are disappointed that we did not live up to our high standards on this particular visit. We appreciate you speaking with our Manager and sharing your concerns with our team so that we can be better prepared in the future. We are grateful for your business and wish you all the best during your future travels.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I couldnt have found a better place to stay in Wilmington. I've tried a bunch of different places and i have to say this was the best choice. It's quite and the people are very friendly. there was no downside to the hotel and im someone quick to pick out something wrong with a place. The price is perfect for it being in the location that it is in. Its about 15mins from the beach. I couldnt thank the hosts enough for being as nice as they were and helping us with everything we needed.

Room tip: wouldnt change a thing the rooms where awesome!
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dani-K-Travel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

What an honor it is to be your top choice in Wilmington, North Carolina! We are delighted to hear such positive feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are grateful for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

Four night stay during reunion of Navy ship's.crewmembers. Staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast had something everyone enjoyed. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Would stay here again when in area.

Room tip: Front desk provided helpful toiletries.until our airline delayed luggage arrived.Housekeeper kept our room clean and we'll supplied.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dani-K-Travel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thank you for joining us at the Holiday Inn for your recent reunion in Wilmington, North Carolina. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel to fellow travelers. We are grateful for your five star review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2019

The associates were pleasant and friendly and gave us the college visit rate without us asking. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed the beds and bedding. Our room was a little far from the elevator but that wasn't a major issue because we were only there for one night.

Room tip: Would liked to have had a magnified mirror in the bathroom.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with our staff. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you had a great time exploring the college campus. We are grateful for your business and wish you all the best during your future travels.

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I arrived at 2:30. Check in time in normally 3:00 but I had requested early check in. The first 4 minutes I stood at the check in desk waiting on the two people behind the counter to stop what they were doing and check me in. The one girl is asking questions to the other guy and neither seems interested in checking me in. Finally the guy tells the girl to “check that guy in” and pointed at me. I was the only person standing right in front of both of them.
The girl, named Grace, asked my name. She tell me she has to check with house keeping to see if my room is ready. The house keeper tells her no it is not ready and it will be 30 minutes before it’s ready. Now I know I am 30 min early for regular check in but I stay at Holiday Inn properties over 100 nights a year. One would think that someone may look to see who requested early check in and make sure that a loyal customer’s room was ready 30 min early. But no they are incompetent and cannot think ahead at this hotel. I tell grace that I will take anything that is available so she finds a room on the second floor and proceeds to check me in. This hotel has a policy that they charge you credit card 25.00 at check in and holds that money for 3-5 days after you leave for incidentals. Rooms are very dated. Most Holiday Inns I stay at have been renovated but not this hotel. It’s straight out of the 70’s. I would not recommend this hotel to any other travelers to the area. Update! 45 min after checking into the room and unpacking the front desk calls and tells me there is a service issue in my room and they have to move me to another room. The manager says they will move me into a suite. I say no thank you I have already unpacked and he says moving is not an option. He says he will bring me my keys. So I have to pack back up and 10 minutes later no keys have been brought to my room. I called and they say he will be right up. I wait 4-5 minutes and no keys. So I go down to the first floor with my luggage in tow to get my keys. I go to the new room and it is not a suite, it is the exact kind of room he moved me out of. At dinner that night I was at a restaurant near the hotel and the gentleman sitting next to me was staying with some co workers at the hotel. He informed me his co worker had to moved out of her room due to bedbugs. He didn’t know what room it was but said it was on the second floor. When I got back to the hotel I asked Brandon if the room they first put me in was the room with bedbugs. He said he did not know. The next morning I asked to have a conversation with the manager. His name is Robert Tann. I asked him about the bedbugs and he told me the room I was first put in was next to the room with the possibility of bedbugs. He says they had someone come out and check the room that the bedbugs were reported in and none were found but they also wanted to check the room I was initially put in. Not sure why they checked the first room that morning but was waiting until 3:30 to check the room I was put in. Anyway he was very nice and apologized for my inconvenience. He said he was going to give me 5000 points on my IHG rewards account. I did not ask for anything but he insisted on doing this. I thanked him and left. Well as of today he has not put any rewards points on my account so since he lied about that I wonder if he was lying about the bedbugs.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Dani-K-Travel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide a five star experience for our guests, so we are disappointed that we did not live up to our high standards during your most recent visit at our hotel. We take pest concerns very seriously, so in addition to the room in question, we also asked our pest control provider to double check the surrounding rooms to ensure that they are also pest free. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience of switching rooms and we thank you for accepting our sincere apologies. The reward points have been added to your account and you should be able to view them at this time. If you are still unable to see the additional points, please feel welcome to contact our General Manager. He will be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have may have. We are grateful for your business and wish you all the best during future travels.