“Enjoyed our stay”

Red Roof Inn Wilmington
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We were quite pleased with our stay at the Red Roof, Wilmington. We wanted an inexpensive lodging that was near the beach and near Wilmington. The room was sufficient for our needs and was clean. I have heard that this motel suffered from poor management in the not-too-distant past, but it seems to be recovering well. The guys up at the front desk were very helpful and responded to any need we had. Thanks, Dirk, Matt and Anthony for making our stay a good one.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

Very dirty, lock on door broken off, looks like someone kicked the door in. sinks plugged, no towels or toilet paper when asked for more was questioned about how much was left in room and if they could check, a shooting occured outside our door early am. scary place to stay!

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank grannymar
RRI653, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2008

No such shooting has ever occurred at this property. This can be proven through local law enforcement agencies.

Reviewed September 29, 2007

Upon arriving, questionable characters loitered the premises, so I was not confident of the safety. Once checked in and snug in bed (as much as we could be), we were awoken to the bass of multiple cars in the parking lot at 3 am. In the morning, we attempted to take showers and discovered, although we had hot water, the water pressure was not much more than an outdoor spicket. They apparently have had trouble with patrons stealing items from the room, so they have a price list on the bedside table. Also, we only had 2 towels in the room for the overnight stay and the pillows lacked cases. And finally, my husband believed "something" was crawling on him in his sleep. Stay away!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 26, 2007

I went on a trip with my mother and two children for a mini vacation and we felt safe there, however we arrived to a dirty room. We were definitely not impressed with their idea of cleaning. Our carpet had not been vacuumed and that was real apparent when I discovered a toenail on the floor. Plus someone's feet marks were on the wall. Good thing my mom is a germ natzi and had brought along her Clorox anywhere spray and sanitized our bathroom and sink areas.

The next day we had left our room and came back around 2ish to notice housekeeping had skipped over our room. So I politely asked to borrow their vacuum since we had just arrived back from the beach and had some sand in our floor. At this point housekeeping realized we were in need of some things, told me to help myself to the vacuum and came to the room to see what other needs we had. We were in need of fresh towels and for our garbage to be removed (our room only had one ice bucket sized trash can).

All was okay meaning staff appeared to be courteous and friendly, but then on our final day I was going to take a shower and removed a fanned washcloth from the inside of a towel. While in the shower I had opened the washcloth to lather it up to discover someone's nose secretions on it and was very grossed out by that! Thank goodness I looked at the cloth before using it!! Two biggest suggestions I do recommend are: to beware of the towels and cloths they use when bathing (make sure no one has used it as a Kleenex) and 2) also do not run around with bare feet or white socks on or they will become dirt black as my children's feet did from walking around with bare feet!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Honestly, this was the worst experience i ever had to deal with when it came to a hotel stay. Personally I am use to staying at other hotels but i decided to give this hotel a chance. My first experience at the Red Roof Inn was not that bad at all. My wife along with myself was in town for a family gathering and was extremely dissatisfied with the service and the quality that Red Roof Inn put out.

Our room walls were dirty along with the bathroom curtain and floor. A friend of ours had a room next door and their room didnt even have a shower curtain. That was not even the worst thing. Their toilet handle was broke. I would not reccommend this hotel to my enemy. I can gurantee that Red Roof Inn has seen my last dollar. The only good thing about that hotel are the cable channels.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Because of a death in the family, we arrived in a rush and got a great room. I was leary because of the recent change from Hampton to Red Roof but the weekend turned out smooth. The bed was so comfy after the 6 hour drive and the room was very clean. Renovations were still going on so while my parents got a room with a fridge and microwave, our room--next door, didn't. When we requested extra towels, the housekeepers were quick to respond. Overall I would stay here again. Great location to everything. Target, Walmart, and many different restaurants. Yes, the rooms open to the outside but with the location I felt safe enough.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed here from Midnight on April 7, 2007 until 9:30 am. The room was clean and typical for this type of hotel. We get the bill, it posts about a week after the stay. Then we get billed again for more money a week later. The managers have been contacted 6 times and will not resolve the double billing. My advice is to pay Cash!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple