“Cheap, near many attractions, pet friendly”

Red Roof Inn Wilmington
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Cheap, near many attractions, pet friendly”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly, pets are free which I think is really cool, they are starting to modernize their rooms! Nice pool area, decent free breakfast, great AC and somewhat clean. Double bed rooms are not updated as of yet, the king bed supreme rooms are, plenty of ice machines for those that are not fortunate to get a mini fridge, if this is important request it! Good bang for your buck.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Room had two double beds and reservations were for four people. Only had two towels. Lots of loud kids at the pool unattended. The grounds were horrible. Parking was bad and scary. The room smelled molded and the fridge was rusted. The shower had lots of mildew. The toilet looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned in months and the floor looked dirty. Bedspread had burn holes in them. Pay a little extra somewhere else and feel safe and clean.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

northern california
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing hotel. The room was badly in need of paint and the shower was very moldy. However, the staff was very efficient. When we got to our room and discovered there was no TV remote, someone was there within minutes and even stayed to program it for us. The breakfast was disappointing, just some pastry and cereal for the most part,, we went to the Dunkin Donuts next door.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for 1 night Aug 17 - we got one of the last rooms so should've felt lucky...not so much. It was a hdcp accessible room which was fine but it only had a double bed in it. I didn't realize hotels still have those. I've heard many advertisements about new rooms for RRI but this isn't one of the lucky ones. There were many things missing from the room - blow dryer rack but no blow dryer - lamp but no light bulb - tv but the remote didn't work - taped batteries to the remote. Breakfast was lacking in many things - juice & fruit & cream cheese. Checked out the pool but luckily it was closed - couldn't see the bottom. I dont think this property is typical of RRI so hopefully they'll get some funds tp renovate very soon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place was all that it said it would be. For a discounted AAA rate of 79$ a night during busy season, you can not pass up this deal. I have previously stayed in a few "motels" up and down Market street in wilmington and have not been impressed . The red roof inn was to my suprise , very different. We reserved a double smoking room that was clean and spotless when we arrived. I had previous problems in each motel with bugs, and here there was none. The staff was friendly and the Continental Breakfast was up to par. Jack and Tracy ,the house keeper managers, took care of us and made sure everything was proper. My only complaint was that we had to ask for more towels ( they only provide 3 towels in a 2 bed room) but they fufilled my request when I asked. All in all this place is great. Its by no means a 4 star hotel , but for a cheap stay, in a clean reputable motel, This is your spot

Room Tip: rooms near the pool are great, except when people want to swim at 11pm when they are not supposed to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this hotel, because I thought it would be a good value and it looked like there were several good reviews; albeit, there were some bad reviews too. I thought I would take my chances, considering we were traveling with a dog and not very many hotels accept dogs in Wilmington. Check-in was ok, not anything particularly spectacular, as far as guest services are concerned. I was informed that there was a pathetic breakfast offered in the morning and that was about it—oh yeah, and that the pool was clean… Her exact words were the pool is clean too now-- they are out there cleaning it as we speak. This should have been my first red flag; shouldn’t the pool ALWAYS be clean? Anyway, we proceeded to go up to the second floor and check out the room. We were given room 217 and we should have just run after seeing just the door from the outside. It looked like someone tried to vice grip the thing open and then they just kind of sloppily patched and painted over the hole. Once inside, the carpet was very dirty and wet… I guess the air conditioner (which was also broken) was dripping water onto the carpet, so God only knows how much mold there is under there. The walls were completely filthy and splattered with food, etc. The furniture was from the 80’s and dingy and dirty and had drips of stuff running down it. The bathroom was atrociously dirty. I am pretty sure they did not even clean it. There were hairs from someone shaving left at the sink and the tub had a leak that did not stop and a brown ring. Also, the bottom of the tub was black and the shower curtain had mineral stains on it from age. And the beds… good lord. The comforters were so dirty and they even had tears in them. Good thing there is a Target next door, because we went and bought a set of new sheets. Now, this is just the room… the first night there was loud music being played in the parking lot all night with bass. At about 5 a.m. my husband decided to walk the dog, because we could not sleep. Well, he came across a drug deal in progress… the guy staying in the room right next to us was giving an envelope to a car in the lot and receiving cash in exchange.
In summary, I would have preferred to sleep in my car than ever stay here again. It looks like they may be trying to turn this place around, but it is totally trashy and the guests there are just the same. If you are really desperate, I still would not choose this place. Also, it was $99 a night; not a good value at all considering what we had to put up with.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, request that you get one of the new rooms and DON'T for stay in 217, unle...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine S
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for three days and 2 night. We were greeted with a smile and checkout was quick! We were very tired from our long trip from up North and were looking forward to rest & relaxation. The room was very clean and neat...the bed and shower were spotless! My fiance and I were very tired and just wanted to get our belongings into our room (which was on the second floor). We were approached by a young gentleman named "Jack", who had a great demeanor and very quck to help us out in getting our luggage and what not up to our room. We were treated royally! My fiance happens to have a bad back and he had noticed him struggling along with our baggage and stopped what he was doing (apparently cleaning) and asked if we needed assistance, quite frankly, if it wasint for him, He would have had one sore back by the time we reached the stairway. What a great gentleman he was very professional, very upbeat attitude and we could tell he loved his job! HE PUT A BIG SMILE OUR FACE! All that to say, if we are treated like royalty, we will be sure to come by again! The surrounding area had nice restaraunts and shopping within walking distance...BIG PLUS!
The downside, it was a bit noisy outside our room in the wee hour of the morning, breakfast was so-so..not much variety.
Again, we want to say thank you to Jack (your employee) for such a welcoming attitude and making sure we were happy with our stay...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple