“Nice convenient place to stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have a dog and finding a decent pet friendly hotel in Wilmington is tough. So I was happy to find a comfortable bed and a pet friendly room with a low pet fee that didn't smell. Great front desk experience checking in.

Unfortunately, this morning after i found the giant cockroach on the wall, I called the front desk to let them know and the girl's response was, "What do you want me to do about this?" Then she told me they have a contract with an exterminator. um, ok, but how does that help me right now.

I realize this stuff happens but a little more sympathy and maybe some offer of sending someone over to do something about it would have been nice. As it was, it ran under the AC unit (which had dust all around on the carpet) and I checked out at 7 a.m. instead of noon, forgoing my beach trip for the morning.

When i checked out the sullen front desk person glared at me when I pointed out to her manager that that question wasn't the best response to a guest calling in about giant cockroach.

Maybe avoid the first floor rooms.

The place still gets three stars and would have gotten four until this morning. It doesn't deserve four (armchair covered in stains, beaten up furniture) but like i said, when you're traveling with pets you lower your standards. Oh well. Probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a second floor, I'm convinced it would be less buggy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize to you for the experience that you had at our hotel, which I can assure you,is not typical. I want you to know that I have spoken with the front desk clerk and she is very aware of the negative impact that she has caused. Our service at our hotel is the one thing that we are extremely proud of to have for our guests. I am sincerely sorry that you received such poor service from her. Being new to our staff, she simply had to be made aware of how we handle our guest's issues. Again, my sincere apologies, and I hope that you will return to us again!
The Baymont Inn Staff