I have a dog and finding a decent pet friendly hotel in Wilmington is tough. So I was happy to find a comfortable bed and a pet friendly room with a low pet fee that didn't smell. Great front desk experience checking in.
Unfortunately, this morning after i found the giant cockroach on the wall, I called the front desk to let them know and the girl's response was, "What do you want me to do about this?" Then she told me they have a contract with an exterminator. um, ok, but how does that help me right now.
I realize this stuff happens but a little more sympathy and maybe some offer of sending someone over to do something about it would have been nice. As it was, it ran under the AC unit (which had dust all around on the carpet) and I checked out at 7 a.m. instead of noon, forgoing my beach trip for the morning.
When i checked out the sullen front desk person glared at me when I pointed out to her manager that that question wasn't the best response to a guest calling in about giant cockroach.
Maybe avoid the first floor rooms.
The place still gets three stars and would have gotten four until this morning. It doesn't deserve four (armchair covered in stains, beaten up furniture) but like i said, when you're traveling with pets you lower your standards. Oh well. Probably won't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington Hotel Wilmington
- Baymont Inn And Suites Wilmington
- Baymont Inn Wilmington
- Wilmington Baymont Inn