“We have stayed at this Baymont Inn many times over the past...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed at this Baymont Inn many times over the past 5 years. We are always warmly greeted and our room is always ready. The lobby and the guest rooms are clean, fresh, and welcoming. We have tried several of the other area hotels, but we always return to this Baymont. It has a very warm, friendly, family atmosphere and we feel very comfortable there.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We are thrilled that you continue to stay with us. We feel we have a wonderful staff, warm and friendly! We are currently looking to upgrade the property in the near future, which will only make your stay with us even more enjoyable! Our heart-felt thank you for always staying with your Baymont Family!
Take care and hope to see you soon,

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'll preface this with the fact that I do not usually stay at any place less than 3 stars or that my rule is to never pay to stay anywhere that is not at least as nice as my home. My family had a gathering in Wilmington, NC and my uncle selected the Baymont after having great experiences at locations in other states. They were similar to Marriott's Courtyard hotels. I was trying to be a team player and stay where family was staying even though there were RED flags flying when I read other reviews.

First, I will give you the good. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was actually more than I expected. There was a good variety and it was well attended. These points are what kept it from being a 1 star review.

Now, the rest. I felt like I was staying at a cabin at an old campsite from the 70's or 80's. It was fairly clean, although there were stains on the curtains, and a wall. The furniture looked like rejects from a Goodwill thrift shop. The bed although covered with the cheapest linens that I have ever seen at a hotel and bearing small misshaped pillows, was actually pretty comfortable. The carpet was dark and dingy. When we came into the room, my children said that it smelled like an old flooded basement. They were right. I cut on the air unit and sprayed perfume to try to cut the odor. I felt like I was trapped in an old motel that people would pay weekly rates for and "work" out of, if you know what I mean. My mother had "treated" us to the trip and I stayed because I didn't want to offend her but TRUST ME, if i had paid for it, I would have immediately checked out. I promised my children that they would never stay at a place like that again.

For some, it may be totally acceptable, but for me, it was a place I will never darken the doors of. If you think you might want to brave it, check to see if the property is newer or at least newly renovated. Wyndham was truly missed the mark on this location

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with your stay with us. Being family owned and operated, we truly care and take to heart each guest's satisfaction with their stay. Our family is currently in the process of looking to renovate the property in the near future. I am so very sorry and hope you accept our apologies.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

1  Thank Porsha S

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Reviewed April 16, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our room on the first floor was small but clean and comfortable. Check in went quick. The front desk clerk was making fresh baked cookies and ask if we would like some! The breakfast was very nice with a good selection. The location is convient especially for UNCW. Very good quality for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments concerning our staff and property! We are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon for some more "fresh-baked cookies" from our front desk staff!
Happy Travels,