“Great clean place to stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The baymont Inn is a very clean motel to stay in, it is located in a great place with all kinds of great restaurants in the surrounding area! The baymont inn was very clean and quiet which made it a great place to stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent visit with us! We are very happy that you found our hotel accommodating, clean and yes, VERY close to a number of fantastic restaurants within walking distance. We hope to see you again in the near future and wish you luck in your travels!
Most kind regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I love this hotel. Aside from the fact that the room was comfortable, quiet and clean, the staff made my stay absolutely the most pleasant and pleasurable stay I've had in almost any other hotel. I was hesitant at first, as I'd wanted to stay in a more expensive hotel, but without question, I'm definitely going to come back to this one. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. In fact, I'm going back again on my next trip in a few weeks. The front desk clerks are terrific, pleasant and helpful. I love the fact that they bake fresh cookies, and though I was late coming back from a teaching seminar, the girls at the desk saved me a plate, and sent milk with it (without my asking). Talk about Southern hospitality! Wow, I couldn't possibly ask for a more wonderful experience. Thank you so much, you made my leaving home a far more pleasant experience than I thought possible.

Room Tip: I like the third floor. Not too many students, and I greatly liked the fact that room keys are need...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CopDocBlue

Wow!! What a wonderful response! I simply cannot thank you enough for the delightful comments concerning our staff. We do feel that we have the most amazing, caring, and joyful employees. We are family owned and operated and think of our guests and our staff members as family. We all work together to ensure a pleasant stay for our valued guests. I will be posting your comments on their "kudos" board...you have made us SMILE! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B

Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodger S

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Darlene the manager was very helpful in fulling all the necessary things needed to make our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for staying with our hotel. Being family owned and operated, we take our guest's satisfaction to heart. Thank you for the wonderful comments concerning our Director of Sales, Darlene. She will be thrilled! We hope to see you again soon. Happy and safe travels,
The Baymont Staff

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I found it curious that the office was at the rear of the hotel, where, in my mind, there should have been quiet guest rooms. Instead, some of the rooms were closer to the street and thus, more noisy than needed be. We checked in and found that we could not get cold water for more than a minute at a time because HOT water came out of the "cold" tap, as well as the hot tap. Because of that, we had concerns about the quality of the water and when we approached the clerk on desk duty, we were met with indifference to our concern. Fortunately, we had a gallon size Igloo jug with us and we filled it with water from their lobby water cooler as the tap in their breakfast room had the same problem. We stayed away from the ice machine, which was inconvenient, but we didn’t want to risk getting sick on our trip. (Better safe than sorry is our motto.) Every day, twice a day we went to the well, as I called it. Other than this worrisome problem, we enjoyed our stay of two nights. The location was good, fairly quiet and the rate was very reasonable.
When we left we left a note for the manager for when they returned to duty. (That did bother me that there wasn’t anyone with authority there during our stay.) When we got around to checking our email, there was a note of apology and a partial refund on our charge card, which went a long way in making up for the inconvenience.
I would definitely run the water a while before checking in here again, and if it has been corrected, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imlin3

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you again as a valued guest at our property. Earlier in an email to you, I had explained that we had our boiler system worked on and that may have been the issue at hand. I am very sorry for any inconvenience to you. I am very glad that you found our hotel to be satisfactory except for the water issue at the time and that we handled your inconvenience properly. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again!