“Nice hotel close to UNCW”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Lokation is really good, very close to Lowes foods, TJ Max, restaurants, 20 walking dostance from UNCW.
Rooms sometimes are smelly, ac is really dirty. In gereral, it's a good price-and-quality solution.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MadlenJenevieva
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for staying with our property. Being family owned and operated, we are very interested in making sure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay. Thank you for noting that we are in a great location, close to all shopping and just a short distance from UNCW.
I do apologize that during the summer months, with high humidity we fight the humid smell. We have and continue to wage the battle with our exterior rooms. Thank you for alerting us and as always, we want to ensure a pleasant stay for our guests and hope you will return to us!
With Best Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hot, humid and muggy the entire stay in my room. A/C never got cold. Buttons on A/C didn't seem to work. 2 nights awaken at 3:30 am with loud man standing outside his door next to my room talking on his cell phone. Called the front desk to ask for help. 20 minutes later he finished his cell phone call and went to bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to both thank you and apologize to you for your recent stay during Labor Day weekend.
I am so very sorry that the weather was quite humid. Every year, around August and September, when the humidity level is high, our exterior rooms are difficult to control the humidity. I am so very sorry that this impacted your weekend and we are trying to rectify the issue.
I also apologize that you were awakened by another guest's telephone conversation, especially in the middle of the night. I am so sorry. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your next visit to Wilmington a successful one.
Again, our deep apologies.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

room# 250 smelled of pet urine, had to get another room.
Very noisy at night with people talking and yelling in parking lot. Air conditioner was extremely loud when it would decide to work.
Vending machine was out of order, ice machine was out of ice 2 of the 3 days I was there.

Dear Guest,
I deeply apologize to you for the stay that you encountered during this past Labor Day weekend. First, let me say that being family owned and operated, we take to heart each and every guest's satisfaction with their stay. I do hope that by moving to another room we were able to rectify the situation for you during your stay. Again, I am so very sorry and I hope that we are able to make it up to you if you travel back to Wilmington in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Overall this wasn't a bad place to stay. We liked the Baymont better than the Comfort Inn across the street, which I've stayed at multiple times. This hotel is central to everything you'd want to do in Wilmington, about equi-distant to the beach or downtown, right across from campus, and right off of College Ave. We booked here because we took our dog and this was by far the least expensive pet rate available. I believe it was $10/night and there wasn't a breed restriction, or at least we weren't asked about it. The room was mostly clean, there was some pet hair on the bed. The sheets looked clean, but I think there was pet hair on the comforter that got on the sheets when the bed was made. We always take the comforter off regardless of where we go because most hotels don't wash them regularly like the other linens, so this wasn't a big deal to us. The staff was super friendly. The continental breakfast was good, pretty standard fare. They did have juice and fruit available 24 hours/day though, which was a nice bonus. I was surprised by how quiet the room was. I don't usually like rooms with external entrances, but we were right by the pool, which was heavily trafficked, and didn't have any trouble with noise. Overall, it's a good stay for the cheap price. If I wasn't taking my dog, I would stay somewhere a little nicer probably.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for some of the wonderful comments concerning our staff. We try very hard to make sure that our guests are taken care of and happy. Being family owned and operated and pet lovers ourselves it makes us very happy to provide accommodations for those "little loved ones" that don't always get to travel. Thank you for noting that we only charge a nominal fee for those rooms that are designated pet-friendly.
I apologize to you if there was any evidence in the room of a pet at all. Our cleaning staff actually designates each room that has a pet and we try to do the extra's to ensure that the rooms are taken care of properly.
Once again, a sincere thank you,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was OK for a quick stay but it has run down over the last 4 years. My dtr was at UNC Wilmington and we stayed here several times 4years ago so we thought it would be OK for an overnight stay while my husband's mother had surgery at New Hanover. The room was so run down. We got a smoke free room but it had an odor in it like moldy maybe. Not sure. It has become pet friendly or maybe always has been...I was just disappointed and we stayed at the Hampton the next night for hospital rates for 20 dollars more huge difference. Sorry guys but the staff was excellent!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The room was very small and the bed was only about six feet from the exterior door, so the traffic noise was easily heard. Hotel older, as evidenced by the air freshener machine accidentally left in our room, and the extremely small vanity area, where there was very little room to keep toiletries. Separate bathroom adjoins vanity area. Flat screen TV, comfy bed, walking distance to several restaurants. Could use a diverter on the AC as it blows directly onto the bed. Computer in lobby, connection slow. Did not use internet in room. Comp daily newspaper. Very nice breakfast room and a very good breakfast. Selection included bread, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, Belgian waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage and biscuits, three juices and coffee. Everything that could be wrapped individually in cellophane was, including each slice of bread. Front desk personnel very nice. Curtains closed well against undesired light flow.

Room Tip: Try to get away from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Based on other ratings, I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. When we arrived early, the front desk was great and very accommodating. The room however was old, smelled very musty and felt damp. The air conditioning was not easily controlled and felt as cold as a meat locker. The bed was comfortable but the bathroom was in poor condition with broken tiles on the floors and a rocking chair for a toilet seat. Not refrigerator in the room either which was a disappointment especially with two young children. Luckily, we only stayed one night and got the heck out of there early the next morning. They do offer free limited breakfast which we didn't stay for because it was so jam packed you couldn't move or get to any of the food. If all you need is a bed for a night and at a reasonable price, then it is an okay inn...if you are looking for more....go elsewhere. Still, I have to commend the staff who were all friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor because there are no pets allowed up there and the rooms are larger....at le...