“Clean and comfortable, great breakfast, good service”

Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean and comfortable, great breakfast, good service”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean, and the furnishings were up to date and comfortable. The breakfast area was nice and I could not have asked for a better breakfast. There was an excellent variety of foods and drinks available. To top it off, we left our room and headed to check out. When my husband went to the checkout desk, the maid had called down to report that I had left a pair of shoes, so he was able to go back up to retrieve them. Great, great service! If we head back to Wilmington, we'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Me and my husband went to Wilmington North Carolina a few days ago. We stayed at Baymont Inn. Wilmington NC was GREAT! Location of hotel was GREAT! Outback steakhouse right next door. Close to all of restaurants and near local beaches. Staff was very friendly! Did not like that you had to walk outside the hotel to get to your room. They didn't really have a restaurant it was like a breakfast nook. The free high speed internet was on the slow side. Room was clean but not very cozy. I am not a very picky person but in the bathroom there was a dead bug on the floor! So i dont know if the cleaning staff is very good? The best part about the hotel is the location. It's a good stay for a night or two but not 3 or 4! All and all I would stay at the comfort Inn down the road looks much nicer!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This was our first visit to Wilmington, North Carolina and we chose to stay at the Baymont. I had read some of the reviews and pondered if I had made the correct decision. Our Baymont choice was a truly wonderful experience. Upon entering a bright, clean, pleasant check-in area, we were greeted in a warm, welcoming, most accommodating manner and made to feel comfortable and 'at home'. The location is most convenient to any needs you might have while in Wilmington. In additon to being convenient, our rooms were bright, clean, neat, a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to be friendly, helpful, make you feel comfortable and welcomed. It was truly a pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2010

As a UNCW family, we stay at the Baymont Inn several times a year. Others' negative reviews notwithstanding, we have never had a bad experience. You cannot beat the price, especially in the off-season. We always request a third-floor room (no smoking, no pets, interior hallways). We don't spend a lot of time in the smallish rooms and are generally looking to just have a place to sleep. They have a limited number of rooms with fridge and microwave, available upon request. The free, always-on hot beverages and the afternoon cookies make me feel as though I am coming home.

The staff has always been friendly and responsive. The free mostly-microwaveable breakfast is more than adequate unless you want eggs. It is the closest hotel to the UNCW campus and is within walking distance to lots of shopping and several restaurants (beware-- area is not pedestrian-friendly).

I have on occasion spent a half-day working in the room. The desk and chair are comfortable and the Wifi works great, especially on the side of the building facing the pool. We always fill out the emailed evaluations after our stay, and generally receive a personal reply from the manager.

The only negative issue I have ever encountered was that the mattress on the king size bed was tilted to one side enough to be noticeable. We were only staying one night on that trip so never had a chance to have the staff address it.

Great value if you are not looking for luxury.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel had been recommended to me by a friend. Upon arriving into the room, we were greeted with a musty, damp, mildew smell. The bed covers all felt damp and disgusting. Comforter and blanket were both fraying, and smelled like mildew. The lighting in the room was very dim, and you could barely see to get around. Water requires you to leave it running for at least 15 minutes for it to be hot (and they told this to us at the desk...). The bathroom did not seem clean, and I don't think they cleaned our room at all the 3 nights we stayed there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I found our stay to be very uncomftable and dissappointing!

We found dried blood on the bedspread. It was reported to the owner who appers to be from India. That night the bedspred was back in the room lying at the end of the bed with a note. We will be back to change out. however we did change the sheets?

The dinning area tables and floor are dirty with the same food stains from the day before. No one seemed to be concerned when reported.

The beds are cheap and warn out.

I would rate this as a one starr at best.

We have stayed at this chain before in other locations with great satisfaction.

Baymont would be will served to send an inspector to this hotel.

Happy travels

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hebron, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Ok... I thought I had found a hidden gem but I failed... I previously wrote a review giving this place flying colors... Since then I have visited two more times (we have a child who is attending UNCW) and I have to correct my review... Our second stay was in June for 3 nights. The room was ok, there was a lingering smell of something foul in the bathroom though so we asked the housekeeper to take care of it... She was wonderful and did her best.... the smell was gone in a few hours and our stay was just ok... A little uncomfortable due to wondering how clean the room was... I was hesitant to make reservations for a 3rd stay... But I did.... During this stay our youngest child became very ill. I am sure that it was just a bug but she spent a great deal of time in the bathroom vomitting while we were at the hotel. After our 4 day stay and dropping off our child for college, we left , only to recieve a phone call 5 days later from her that she had hand, foot and mouth disease (coxsakie 16A virus) which is picked up from daycare centers or places where diapers/feces/saliva are found... Two days later our other child at home with us also became sick with hand, foot and mouth... The worst case ever. It has taken her 10 days of fever and not being able to eat to get over it... We have thought long and hard on this and the only place the two could have gotten it was really this hotel... I do not reccommend it any more. If you do stay please bring clorox wipes and wipe down the place....I have cancelled all future reservations that I had made and have booked in a newer hotel for only $10.00 more a night... Lesson learned!!! It's a shame though... their housekeeping staff needs a refresher on sanitation!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family