“Nicely maintained older hotel”

Days Inn Wilmington - Market Street
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nicely maintained older hotel”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I work for a Days Inn in another state. We were pleased with our stay at this property. While it is an older facility, it is nicely maintained and clean. I think most people don't mind that a hotel is not new, but cleanliness is very, very important; we had no problems here.

The staff are nice and friendly. Good value for the rates charged. Convenient location.

We'll stay there again; recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sleecarter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I plan on going to school at UNCW and took a 3 night trip to Wilmington to make living arrangements and or course enjoy the beach! We chose the Days Inn because we are both 19, and most other hotels in the area require you to be at least 21 to rent a room. Upon arrival, the front of the hotel had a feeling of southern charm (coming from stern Northern Illinois it was a welcome sign). At check in the clerk was somewhat passive but accommodated our wish for a first floor room. Ample parking was available in front of our room which was a plus. The rooms were clean and the A/C worked better than most standard hotel units. The housekeeping staff was friendly and did an excellent job cleaning up every day we were there. Take advantage of the laundry facilities on site also! If I weren't moving to the area, I would stay here again!

1 Thank ferdusing
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Good stay. The woman working the front desk at registration was a crone, but other employees were OK. The onsite restaurant popular with locals. The room nicely decorated, clean, safe. My only concern was the condition of the stairs up to the second floor. They were a bit weak. The parking was at the door. I was in the front. Some first floor rooms in the back are in dark tunnels. Traffic at the hotel is horrific at rush hours.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Carpets seemed never to be cleaned, when I took my shoes off and walked on the floors the bottom of my feet turned black. Just clean the carpets. Overall a ok value, but needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank techshuffle
Raleigh, NC, USA
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed at this motel two nights. The room was in very good condition and everything in it worked as it should. The lighting in the room was very good with the installed CFL bulbs. The mattress was comfortable and there were no signs of wear in the room. The bathroom was spotless.
The exterior of the motel was freshly painted and well maintained. Althought we did not use it, the pool looked inviting.
The staff at check-in and check-out was cool, but efficient.
I would stay at this motel again.

1 Thank Traveler035
Bronx, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The bed was so uncomfortable! It smelt so bad with smoke. Could not get the smoke armona out of the room. The only thing good about this days inn was the shower. Very relaxing other than that I would not recommend staying here. Kids were running back and forth above our room. NEVER AGAIN!

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here one night with my sister and brother-in-law. We had booked separately and the front desk was very helpful in trying to get our rooms close to one another, the guy wasn't quite successful, but he did try his best and we were appreciative. They also allowed us to do a late checkout which was nice for my sister and brother-in-law because they like to sleep in. The bed was fine for me, not soft at all, but with recent back problems I think it helped me. For my sister and her husband, it did the opposite, my sister even had to see her chiropractor because her back hurt so bad after sleeping on their bed. We didn't use the pool, though we were right by it. The location is great because it's close to everything. I loved that they had a flat screen tv and a microwave and mini fridge, that was AWESOME! The room was clean, no frills, overall, I was satisfied (though I can't say the same for my sister & bro-in-law). If you're just looking for a place to crash in between visiting downtown and the beach, this is a good place to stay and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family