“No regrets!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Verandas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
The Verandas
Ranked #5 of 16 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Durham, North Carolina
“No regrets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am PROUD to have now been part of The Verandas family. Not only is this B&B beautiful, the location is amazing. Above all else, the service my new husband, friends and I received was better than I could have expected - from the amazing breakfast, kindness, customer service and value. I will most definitely be back!

Thanks Chuck & Dennis! SEE YOU SOON!

Debbra & Joey

Room Tip: All rooms are corner rooms and you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights late Sept. The careful and painstaking attention to detail is a hallmark of Chuck and Dennis's dedication to making the Verandas a truly memorable experience. From the ease of late check-in, to the warm conversations with Chuck about the area's history, gourmet breakfasts and unending choices of pretty spots to sit back and relax, we couldn't be happier with our choice to stay at the Verandas. A couple past reviews talk negatively about the Verandas, but upon seeing it for myself it is apparent that the guests either didn't appreciate what a southern b&b is all about, or were upset about something outside Chuck's control. Our traveling companions were not B&B goers, but they were thrilled with the Verandas. Only issue is that the main picture on tripadvisor is of a house down the block. The Verandas is more impressive.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the most romantic, wonderful getaway that my husband and I have ever had and The Verandas B&B was essential in our weekend. As we don't get away much at all, it was important to pick the perfect location and The Verandas far exceeded what I expected. We stayed in room #8, which is a climb up two flights of stairs, but so worth it! The room was large and immaculate. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. The decor is pain-stakingly well-done, as one of the owners is an interior designer. I could have just stayed there and not gone anywhere else, but as it is only a few minutes walk to the waterfront, excursions to the area attractions and The Pilot House, my favorite restaurant of the trip, located only 2 blocks away, were easily navigated and the menus of several of Chuck 's favorite restaurants are available to review before planning your dinner out. Every need and want that we had was met and we will definitely stay again! Charming Southern Romance in a four-story mansion, which has been completely restored, as Chuck will share pictures of that journey with you too. Coffee on the back veranda in the morning is highly recommended, while waiting for breakfast to be served. The breakfast was delicious and although we didn't request a special diet, I noticed there was another guest that had and she was well-satisfied. The beautiful dining table was set exquisitely with China, silver, crystal, and most-importantly, delicious food. If there is any doubt in your mind, please rest your fears and be assured that it is a wonderful destination! :-) You will not be disappointed! Thanks so very much, Chuck, for the kind upgrade too. The chocolates were delicious too!!! We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013
Greensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week and could not have found a better place to stay in Wilmington. The historical home is beautiful with antiques which let you get a feel for the historical nature of the home, but this home is well maintained. The bedrooms are up to date and super clean. Chuck, one of the owners, could not have been a better host. He was full of information about the town and is a wonderful cook. His gourmet breakfasts are superb! The location is a very short walk to the historic downtown and the river. You cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at The Verandas since they first opened. We have easily stayed here over 20 times. We absolutely love it. We have stayed in every room and each one is decorated to perfection with high end linens and luxurious towels. The breakfasts cooked by Chuck are always outstanding. The Verandas is in the perfect location...restaurants, shops and the river walk are all within walking distance. If you want to experience staying at a B&B that is elegant and historical The Vernadas is a must!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LESDTM
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at The Verandas and it was superb. Chuck was a top notch host (and chef!). He is an expert about knowledge regarding Wilmington. We cannot say enough about the Verandas. Beautiful rooms, linens and a well appointed luxury bathroom. The verandas themselves were a great place to sip a glass of wine and read a book. It is in an excellent location within walking distance of the riverwalk and nice restaurants and shops. I highly recommend this! I could not believe the value - less expensive than local chain hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 which was at the rear of the building - very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

While researching "Hollywood East" for an upcoming travel article on film-making in Wilmington, I spent two lovely nights at The Verandas in the Historic District. My room was spacious and well-appointed, with every amenity I needed. The huge garden tub in the bathroom was ideal for relaxing after a full day of touring Wilmington. Chuck, one of the owners, prepared a lovely cooked breakfast each day -- shirred eggs on the first day and a delicious croissant baked in an egg batter with cream cheese, mandarin oranges, and a marmalade sauce on the second day -- both meals served with sausage, juice, and coffee. Each evening I enjoyed wine or sherry and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! Chuck was the "host of hosts," willing to share information about the historic inn, local attractions, restaurants, and "Wilmywood," all the while guarding the privacy of his current and former guests, many of them associated with the film industry. I highly recommend The Verandas!.

Room Tip: All the rooms show the impeccable taste of the owners and feature antiques, comfortable beds, nice l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business