“Lovely & Welcoming!!”
Review of The Verandas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
The Verandas
Ranked #2 of 17 Wilmington B&B and Inns
“Lovely & Welcoming!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at your beautiful bed & breakfast. You And your staff were delightful and accommodating to our needs. I definitely recommend staying here!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at the Verandas for our anniversary and were completely pleased. The owners are delightful and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Downtown attractions are very close by. Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just returned from a great trip to Wilmington, NC. This gem of an Inn right in the historic district (one block from river and restaurants) provides exceptional, old-world service. The interior decorations exude quiet, individual charm and expert design knowledge, yet rooms are ideal for comfort as well. Each is adorned with high quality furniture, window treatments, carpet/rugs, and original artwork. Our bathroom in Room #3 was bright and comfortable with marble floors, heat lamps, a bath tub (we love that) with great shower controls, plush towels and fine soaps. Beds were well maintained and the bed linens were hand-ironed! What inn can boast that now-a-days? And no evidence of dust anywhere. The AC can be controlled in the bedroom for individualized comfort. Staff and owners are welcoming and personable - they took time out to talk to us during the free wine hour at 5 pm. During our delicious and well presented hot breakfast, we found the two other couples at table to be well traveled and warm, interesting storytellers, which is an added perk when staying outside the chain-hotel brigade. We shall return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mozartoschwantner
Meadow Vista California
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Second to none, is the motto of Chuck and Dennis (a play on words because of their location at 2nd and Nun Streets) but, it SO fits! You are walking distance-close to the waterfront walkway and to Front Street, the major shopping and restaurant venue of historic Wilmington. There is a garden or veranda or porch out of every major exit door. There is even one on the roof if you go into the cupola. Your wine is not relegated to a reception area, you can try to sample every veranda with your glass of wine or sherry. Or, take along a cookie and soft drink instead.

I could go on and on about the breakfasts. You can get your coffee early and then get ready for a truly gourmet production. The reduction orange sauce, alone, on the last dish took two hours to prepare. Glad I could sleep in in my glorious bed while Chuck was up making it.

The art and various collections around the house are stunning. They represent years of traveling a acquisitions of the inspired owners.

In the library,t here are pictures of the owners sketched by guests. A piano composition. Inspired and dedicated to the Verandas is an offering by a previous guest as well. There is a collection of books written by authors that have stayed at the Verandas. A mystery writer, Ms. Hunter, sets many of her mystery series in the local area. There are mentions of this place and the owners included. If you go there check out the one page mystery she wrote that is above the mantle. It features Chuck, Dennis, and the stolen recipe book. I can imagine someone would want to pilfer it after staying there! I mention these things to she you that guests have made a real connection with the place when they stayed there. I was also visiting with relatives for a birthday and I would say I was "going home" when it was time to return to the Verandas.

I'd highly recommend it to adults.

Room Tip: There are 8 corner rooms, each with a different theme and a private bath. I saw my brother's roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PattyAnn45
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wilmington, NC has a special place in my heart ! But became more special the weekend that i stayed at The Verandas ! My mom (Erin Lynch) and I, decided to take a very "Un-Planned" trip to Wilmington,, (Just to get away). We resereved two nights, and ended up staying atleast 4 more nights we were so pleased ! (They were very kind about letting us have a few more days, in their gorgeous home ! )The breakfast is amazing, With beautiful plate arrangements with some of the best breakfast i have had, in a minute!, Chuck and Dennis should get an award not only for their B & B but for their amazing conversations too ! I loved hearing about their tavels around the world. I would recommend this B & B to anyone ! I hope to be back soon this summer ( Summer 2012 ) !! I miss you Chuck and Dennis !
-- Chase Lynch & Erin Lynch !

Room Tip: Room two is great ! along with Room One, which was featured in a movie..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DixieChik13
Arlington, VA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My partner, sister and I spent three delightful days in Rooms 1 and 6 of The Verandas B&B this past weekend while celebrating the wedding of a member of our family. We couldn't have found a more gracious and comfortable home away from home for this special occasion. The proprietors, Chuck and Dennis, were the most congenial of hosts. From our arrival to departure, they made us feel like welcome members of their family. To do so without ever intruding on our own privacy was a remarkable accomplishment.

At one point, while our family was relaxing in one of the beautiful living rooms at the front of the building, prospective customers knocked at the door and asked to tour the premises.  Our hosts greeted them but asked that they make an appointment for a later time to avoid disturbing the guests currently in residence. This respect for our privacy and the quality of our visit was characteristic of the hospitality offered at The Verandas.

We enjoyed a wonderful visit. This was my third stay at this B&B, and I hope to return many times in the years ahead.

Room Tip: View the rooms on their website.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DACEJT
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Excellent Bed & Breakfast. My wife and I have stayed at many B&Bs, and this one is at the top of our list. Very clean, the owners are wonderful people, great location, the house is beautiful, and sitting on one of the verandas drinking free alcohol was so relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are on a corner so they all have windows on two sides. Some of the rooms have king size b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple