“Loved it”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great food and service in a homey environment. There were ten of us & we all left full & happy. Can't wait to go again on our next beach vacation.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

no fuss no muss no bother it is what it is tables and a counter old fashioned feel to it great wait staff and good food

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's not the greatest looking place, but this restaurant is very good for a quick tasty meal. Friendly staff.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was a spectacular breakfast! Could tell it was popular when we got the last table and when we left there was a line outside waiting to get in! Loved the Bacon scramble, the biscuits and gravy and the pancakes!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere, fast and friendly service, and good food. It is rare for me to eat twice at the same place on a trip, but I ate breakfast there two days in a row. Except for my flight home, I probably would have made it a third day as well. The servers were all attractive young women, and they gave me the impression of wholesome college students. The guys were in the open kitchen area visibly preparing meals. We had two different servers and both were quick and cordial. They would stop to converse for a minute, but never delayed with the coffee refills or other requests.

The first morning a fellow came in to play guitar as we were leaving, so they’re probably allowing local performers to entertain patrons. The high ceilings would allow someone to perform without disrupting conversations. The first morning I had waffles with fresh berries and two eggs. It was delicious and photo-worthy, though I do not have a digital photo. The meal was also quite filling, and I was not ready for lunch for a couple more hours than usual. I do think they could have been more free with the berries, but it wasn’t stingy.

The eggs were large so the next day I ordered only one with my sweet potato pancakes. The pancakes were very flavorful and fluffy. Something about them, maybe starchiness, made me take a sip of coffee every few bites, but again it was a tasty and filling meal. The prices were reasonable—maybe $7 to $12 per person—and the portions generous. This was also an easy walk from the hotel and easy to find. Parking also looked easy. I would certainly eat there again.