“Delicious and affordable”

Ranked #9 of 694 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wilmington's Original Brewery specializing in made-from-scratch dishes at affordable prices and award-winning Craft Beer. North Carolina Largest Whiskey Selection! A huge selection of food that ranges from sandwiches and soups to steaks, seafood, and Southern specialties such as Shrimp & Grits. FREE BREWERY TOURS at 3:15pm and 4:15pm Daily (the tour takes about 20-30 minutes) Free beer tasting as part of the tour! We serve a FULL menu until MIDNIGHT seven nights a week. Half Price Appetizers daily 4 to 6pm and after 10pm. PARK FREE 1'ST HOUR DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET IN THE MARKET STREET DECK.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went for a free beer tasting tour and dinner. Wonderful half-price apps - pub fries with cheese, chicken drums, pita/hummus all delicious. Three entrees, a salad, four apps, three beers and tea came to $66. Very efficient service, nice decor, will visit again.

There are newer reviews for Front Street Brewery

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped here for lunch during a recent visit to Wilmington. The server was attentive without being intrusive. The beer selection was interesting and delicious, and the food was just plain excellent. We had the buffalo shrimp and deep fried grouper bites as appetizers -- both were awesome! And we had sandwiches for the main course (best Reuben sandwich ever, BLT with fried green tomatoes -YUM, and a serviceable hamburger). The decor is warm and perfect for a trendy brew pub. All you want for a great, casual place to eat.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I needed a quick lunch downtown today so I went to Front Street Brewery. I've been there several times before. I ordered the shrimp po boy special and my friend got the fish tacos. We both had water this time (but love the coastal kolsch brew) $24 with tip. In and out with full bellies in 40 minutes.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My general experience with microbreweries has been that they usually have pretty good food. This place is the exception to the rule. The beer was FABULOUS, but the food, not so much. I had the fish tacos, and the fish in them was good, but there was almost no filling in the tacos--it really shouldn't be rocket science. My husband had the brisket and it was pretty mediocre too. We are not fussy eaters. It would not have taken much to make it significantly better. The service was also pretty carefree. Wilmington is known for its friendliness and top-notch service. We did not get that here.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a rainy Friday and had no wait. We were seated in the upstairs area which was quieter than downstairs. This beautiful, old building was a delight to look at. I love the old, tin ceilings. Loved the beer, even though they were out of my first 2 choices. Our server was able to make other recommendations. Food was good. I liked their version of a chicken quesadilla with a sweet BBQ flavor. We will return.