“Great food, great value and excellent staff”

Front Street Brewery
Ranked #9 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wilmington's Original Brewery specializing in made-from-scratch dishes at affordable prices and award-winning Craft Beer. North Carolina Largest Whiskey Selection! A huge selection of food that ranges from sandwiches and soups to steaks, seafood, and Southern specialties such as Shrimp & Grits. FREE BREWERY TOURS at 3:15pm and 4:15pm Daily (the tour takes about 20-30 minutes) Free beer tasting as part of the tour! We serve a FULL menu until MIDNIGHT seven nights a week. Half Price Appetizers daily 4 to 6pm and after 10pm. PARK FREE 1'ST HOUR DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET IN THE MARKET STREET DECK.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We are fortunate to visit Wilmington frequently and one of the first stops is Front Street Brewery.
I'm a creature of habit so I usually enjoy the Beer Battered Fish and Chips or the Scottish Ale Ribs - never disappointed. My wife usually changes up her order each time and has also been pleased with the entree she picked. It's a great micro-brewery with a wide selection and the restaurant decor takes you back to the late 1800s-so fitting for downtown historical Wilmington.
Finish it off with a staff that works very hard to ensure you have a great experience in their restaurant whether you're there for a full meal or dropped by to try one of their brews. The value for the food is exceptional so feel free to take the entire family. Yeah, I am a Front Street Brewery fan.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

So, you may think I'm crazy to say this is one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant being that it is a brewery but I have to say the food was outstanding. I have never had bbq brisket ever in my life. I can't eat pork and wanted something bbq but not chicken so I was delighted to find this on the menu. I ordered it along with sweet potato fries. The brisket was done to perfection. It fell apart on the plate but with crispy ends. It was sweet and delicious, I ate every bite and was tempted to order another serving. The fries were also very good. They were crunchy and not greasy, not salted and no sugar for which I am thankful. We ordered a chicken nacho appetizer and that was also very good.

Our server was good, the atmosphere is what you would expect from a brewery. We had a great time visiting; I would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The selection of food was very good and they are very accommodating for large groups. They gave our Wilmington Newcomer's an entire floor for our lunch.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Great Food, And A Great Price. Paid Roughly $20 And Received A Nice Burger And Two Beers. Also A Friendly Staff.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The beer was decent but nothing I would purchase to take home (they do not bottle or distribute, but you can purchase a growler). The food was typical bar food. Definitely does not live up to my experience at the dogfish head brewpub.