“Cockroach Inn”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Rexburg, Idaho
“Cockroach Inn”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The place was full of cockroaches. It was dirty. The kitchen only had service for two in a room with two double beds. There were only two sets of towels and when we asked for more they wanted our room number. The toilet paper was the cheapest/worst I have ever seen. Do you really think you save money when it takes 5 times as much to get the job done? The beds were old and sagged in the middle. At least it was quiet.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and go for a better place.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Goshawk12
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We apologize for the problem you had with bugs while you were staying at our hotel. Due to the extremely wet weather and being a exterior hotel we have been having trouble with Water bugs (Palmetto Bugs). We have been working with the exterminators and have also did some work around the doors to keep them from entering the rooms. We do apologize and and assure you we are not a Cockroach Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed for three nights. Room was super clean and didn't have a smokey smell, which surprised me. Near a Port City Java and convenient to the University area. Twenty minutes to Masonboro Island launch, Shark Tooth Island launch and 10 or less to Hugh MacRae park and Empie park...we were in Wilmington for pleasure.

We stayed on ground floor just beside the pool and that was our only mistake. Pool is open until 11pm and can get noisy in the evening. WiFi was also a little squiffy. Wilmington has some very friendly people and the staff here was a great example. Will definitely visit again and will stay at the 'Burban.

Room Tip: The place is shaped like an "L" so take a room on the back side for less road noise and aw...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back in the future.
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When ever I go to Wrightsville Beach this is the hotel I stay at. I have stayed with my husband and children and also with just my college age daughter and I feel very safe and comfortable here. When my daughter turns 21 and wants to go to the beach she will also be staying here ( she is actually looking forward to staying here). I have recommended this hotel to many people. My niece stayed here last week when she stayed at the beach because of my recommendation. I am actually coming back in a few weeks. Beach is easy to get to and restaurants are also close by. Hotel has always met my expectation concerning being clean ( both rooms, hotels and grounds) and I have never had an issue with noise like at other hotels. I would recommend this hotel to families and if your traveling alone with kids.

Room Tip: I would recommend the back side of the hotel, which is where the pool is located if traveling with k...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank You for staying with the Suburban Extended Stay hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your last stay in Wilmington. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again soon.
fletcher
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not anything great to say, if you are familar with extended stay hotels, it's usually a lot of working people or folks in transition, so not for the faint of heart. Rooms say non-smoking but smell of smoke (to be expected) Kinda of dirty exterior and a little worn (to be expected) a little noisy at night so use the A/C fan to help make some white noise(to be expected) I guess if you have stayed at a property like this then you don't need to have me tell you what it is like...for those of you that never have, well Be prepared for the little suprises if you do.

Room Tip: No vator so try for a down and out if possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank steve p
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room smelling like smoke. We would like to apoligize for it being a little noisy at night on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure furture rooms do not smell like smoke. We try our best to keep the smoking people out of our nonsmoking rooms and charge them and treat the rooms when we do find them.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilmington.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The state of NC has presented a sanitation certificate of 100% to this Suburban. The exteriors, grounds, and pool were definitely clean, as was my room. My chair, and especially the bed, were comfortable. All of the staff I encountered were positive. Wrightville Beach is five miles away; Carolina and Kure Beaches were easy drives. I hope to return for I appreciate the comfort provided, the convenience of the kitchenette, and the affordable price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave T
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for your reviews that you left us on trip advisor on your most recent trip to Wilmington. Its important to other travelers to get a customers view of the hotel. Again thank you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you in the future.
Four Oaks, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I waited until the last minute to book our hotel for a one night quick beach trip. When we finally did everything else was booked so we ended up here. The bed was comfortable and clean but the rest of the room appeared aged and could have used a little TLC. It was good enough for a night but it won't be on my top 5 places to stay in Wilmington.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We would like to thank your for staying at our hotel. We are not the newest hotel on the block but we do try and give our guest clean rooms and great service. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay.
Rock Hall, Maryland
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I booked this room when we had to travel to Wilmington to handle a family emergency. We booked based on price and its having a kitchen, so we would not have to eat out every meal. We were very pleasantly surprised at the accommodations, especially compared to another similarly priced motel we had tried previously. The room was very clean and comfortable, the furnishings in good condition. Although the room was not too large, it was very efficiently planned out and included a comfortable lounge chair. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, two-burner stove, coffee maker, toaster and enough plates, etc. for two. Staff was pleasant and helpful when we had to first extend our stay and later cut it short a day. You get to use a nearby Gold's Gym free, but we did not have time.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms would be quieter with no one above.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your most recent stay to Wilmington. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post about your stay on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you in the future if you are in the area. Thanks