Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Wilmington)
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)
View Hotel
All reviewsstove topfront desksized refrigerator freezerthe ac unitwrightsville beachfull kitchenbusy roadclean roomswatch tvother hotelscheck in was a breezechecking outbooked this hotelclose to downtownice machineshort drivedowntown wilmington
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When ever I go to Wrightsville Beach this is the hotel I stay at. I have stayed with my husband and children and also with just my college age daughter and I feel very safe and comfortable here. When my daughter turns 21 and wants to go to the beach she will also be staying here ( she is actually looking forward to staying here). I have recommended this hotel to many people. My niece stayed here last week when she stayed at the beach because of my recommendation. I am actually coming back in a few weeks. Beach is easy to get to and restaurants are also close by. Hotel has always met my expectation concerning being clean ( both rooms, hotels and grounds) and I have never had an issue with noise like at other hotels. I would recommend this hotel to families and if your traveling alone with kids.

Room Tip: I would recommend the back side of the hotel, which is where the pool is located if traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank You for staying with the Suburban Extended Stay hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your last stay in Wilmington. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not anything great to say, if you are familar with extended stay hotels, it's usually a lot of working people or folks in transition, so not for the faint of heart. Rooms say non-smoking but smell of smoke (to be expected) Kinda of dirty exterior and a little worn (to be expected) a little noisy at night so use the A/C fan to help make some white noise(to be expected) I guess if you have stayed at a property like this then you don't need to have me tell you what it is like...for those of you that never have, well Be prepared for the little suprises if you do.

Room Tip: No vator so try for a down and out if possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank steve p
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room smelling like smoke. We would like to apoligize for it being a little noisy at night on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure furture rooms do not smell like smoke. We try our best to keep the smoking people out of our nonsmoking rooms and charge them and treat the rooms when we do find them.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Wilmington.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The state of NC has presented a sanitation certificate of 100% to this Suburban. The exteriors, grounds, and pool were definitely clean, as was my room. My chair, and especially the bed, were comfortable. All of the staff I encountered were positive. Wrightville Beach is five miles away; Carolina and Kure Beaches were easy drives. I hope to return for I appreciate the comfort provided, the convenience of the kitchenette, and the affordable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave T
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We would like to thank you for your reviews that you left us on trip advisor on your most recent trip to Wilmington. Its important to other travelers to get a customers view of the hotel. Again thank you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I waited until the last minute to book our hotel for a one night quick beach trip. When we finally did everything else was booked so we ended up here. The bed was comfortable and clean but the rest of the room appeared aged and could have used a little TLC. It was good enough for a night but it won't be on my top 5 places to stay in Wilmington.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We would like to thank your for staying at our hotel. We are not the newest hotel on the block but we do try and give our guest clean rooms and great service. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I booked this room when we had to travel to Wilmington to handle a family emergency. We booked based on price and its having a kitchen, so we would not have to eat out every meal. We were very pleasantly surprised at the accommodations, especially compared to another similarly priced motel we had tried previously. The room was very clean and comfortable, the furnishings in good condition. Although the room was not too large, it was very efficiently planned out and included a comfortable lounge chair. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, two-burner stove, coffee maker, toaster and enough plates, etc. for two. Staff was pleasant and helpful when we had to first extend our stay and later cut it short a day. You get to use a nearby Gold's Gym free, but we did not have time.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms would be quieter with no one above.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
seswilmington, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your most recent stay to Wilmington. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post about your stay on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you in the future if you are in the area. Thanks