Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Wilmington)
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)
View Hotel
All reviewsstove topfront desksized refrigerator freezerthe ac unitwrightsville beachfull kitchenbusy roadclean roomswatch tvother hotelscheck in was a breezechecking outbooked this hotelclose to downtownice machineshort drivedowntown wilmington
Reviewed April 1, 2008

Stayed here with family and friends. We booked two rooms. As before, it's clean, the interiors look new. Service is friendly, checking in goes seamless.

Good location, close to mall, city center and Wrightsville beach.

We did not experience problem with noise or so.

One thing that can be a nuisance is the fridge in the room, hard to avoid noise from it. I set its thermostat at a low level, and that worked out well.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank UltimateRoadWarrior
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I stayed at the Suburban in Wilmington, NC for 2 nights in March, 2008. This was my second time staying here, and I had yet another really good stay! I am usually a bit wary of "extended stay" hotels, but this one seems to maintain a high level of cleanliness, and I chose it as well because it was so affordable and near the beach.

The lady at check-in was very friendly--she chatted with us about why we were in the area and how glad they were to have us, etc. Plus she took her time to go over the hotel's amnenities and such, which most hotels fail to do at check-in because they are in such a hurry. We also got some 10% off coupons for the Texas Roadhouse (which is across the street). I think this is new, but they have a 12:00pm checkout instead of the standard 11am most hotels have, so that extra hour is nice!

Our room was non-smoking with one queen bed. It smelled clean, and after looking it over, I noticed how SPOTLESS it was. Not a hair or piece of dust in sight. The kitchenette had the usuals--a few plates, cups, silverware, etc. The full sized fridge worked great to store all our yummy leftovers from ordering pizza and eating out. The shower was also spotless and the bathroom just had the standard amnenities--2 bars of soap, shampoo, and some towels/rags.

My only complaint (which is minor) is that the queen bed only had 2 very hard, flat pillows! It was really hard to sleep on them, especially with my head laying so flat.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a simple stay in a nice, clean room, at a good rate!! Its really close to the beach--about a 10 min drive--and a lot of other major restaurants and shopping centers are nearby.

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank catchthelight
Reviewed January 24, 2008

We drove down to the beach for the weekend from Raleigh without making any hotel reservations, just looking for somewhere cheap to spend the night in Wilmington and hit the beach for a couple of days. We found this hotel on the main road to Wrightsville with a decent location 4 or so miles from the beach. The front desk told us they only had smoking rooms available, which we took for lack of anything better. We were surprised to find the room cost more than $100 a night, but being the middle of the summer we accepted that too. Big mistake. The room was hardly the "suite" described. A small fridge in the corner of the room hardly makes an "extended stay suite." The real nightmare began somewhere around 1am on a Friday night when the drunk, out-of-state contractors who apparently live at this hotel came back from whatever hole in the wall they found to get lit at. For the next hour or so we lie awake listening to some man in the next room yell at his spouse on the phone, and then moan himself to sleep. To say the walls were a bit thin would be putting it lightly. I would not wish this hotel on my worst enemy. Go up the road to the nearest Hampton Inn or even the Ramada which could not be any worse than this dive.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank kevboom
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My fiance and I have made Saturday night stops at this hotel on several different occassions. We live in NC and often travel to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach on day trips to enjoy the beach during the day, and the downtown nightlife at night. When we stay overnight, the Suburban Inn is always our first choice! The Suburban Inn is located in a really convenient area about halfway between the historic Wilmington waterfront and Wrightsville Beach. The rooms are always clean and we always get what we ask for at reservation. All the units have kitchens! We have never stayed for more than one night at a time, so I can't offer a review on the maid service, but upon check-in the rooms have always been neat and in order. There is a pool on-site too, but we've never used it since the beach is so much more tempting for us. But the pool always appears clean and there are almost always people in it. The rooms at the Suburban are always very affordable, which is why we keep going back. For what you get, the price is simply unbeatable and it's in a great location. I will say this - if you're looking to stay at the Suburban in the summer months, you better book in advance. Because of the proximity to the beach, their rooms tend to go fast. We're actually planning a trip for a Saturday night in August and we are so disappointed that the Suburban Inn is already booked for the night we need!!! :( I'm actually looking another place to stay as we speak!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ncgirl1985
Reviewed June 16, 2007

This was an excellent bargain! The price was lower than other hotels in this area where I have stayed before, and it was much cleaner! A nice extra was the kitchen...full-size refrigerator, large microwave, coffee-maker, two-burner stove top. The hotel's sanitation grade (posted in the lobby) was 100%! Such a friendly staff, taking care of everything and eagerly answering questions. The pool was very clean and inviting. The location makes it simple to get to Wrightsville Beach AND to Wilmington! I plan to stay here on all future trips to the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends