“Check it out”

Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington
Ranked #7 of 39 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Journey into the depths of old Wilmington on a 90-minute adventure to the city's most actively haunted homes & burial grounds. Hear eerie tales of ghostly occurrences including encounters during recent tours. Locally owned & operated. Over 25,000 tours conducted since 1999.
Nashville, Tennessee
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Check it out”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was definitely worth the money as it is a very interesting ghost walk and you learn a lot about the town's history. Planning this trip to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach we discovered that apparently this town is one of the most haunted in the US. They have day time and night time ghost tours. During the day I believe you can go inside of the buildings. But of course the night time ghost walk is more fun. Our tour guides lantern went out during the tour so we walked a little while in the dark. It was fun definitely the highlight of our trip!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Atrixx

Baltimore, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Haunted Wilmington”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

An interesting and enjoyable evening walk through the historic sections of the city. Our guide was knowledgeable and a good story teller, and spoke well.

A cautionary note--these groups travel pretty fast between locations, so be prepared! If it's hot, I'd recommend taking a water bottle along.

I would not recommend this tour for people with small children, not because the children will be scared but because they'll be bored. The tone of the stories is geared to adults, not little kids.

Visited September 2013
Toledo, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the money”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We scheduled an 8:30 tour and had Anthony has a tour guide. He not only was knowledgeable about all the stories he told, he was very animated and fun to listen to. We took a 90 minute tour through the city and stopped at several historical sites and homes. I would definitely ask for Anthony as your tour guide and my family and I will go again when we visit North Carolina!

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Really interesting experience!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am a huge Halloween nut so I was pretty pumped when I noticed this when planning my vacation to nearby Wrightsville Beach. My boyfriend and I aren't much for drinking so we chose the walk over the pub crawl. We bought our tickets at The Black Cat Shoppe which is really close to the meeting area for the Ghost Walk. The cashier told us that the pub crawl tickets sell out fast but the walk not so much. We got our tickets early just to be safe. The Ghost Walk is rain or shine so if it starts to rain the tour guides continue with the stories. They asked around before starting the walk if people had been on the tour before. If someone has they try to mix up which stories they tell. Our tour guide was very good at telling the stories. I enjoyed all four of the stories even if one of them was a stretch of the imagination but one has to have an open mind when they do these things. It was threatening to rain and we did the 8:30 walk to make sure it was dark so it was fantastic ghost story atmosphere. It was great standing next to a cemetery in the dark with lightning flashing all around us. Someone in the tour was in a wheelchair and had a bit of trouble keeping up because of the rough back streets and getting from the street to sidewalk with no ramps. When we return to Wrightsville Beach next year I'm definitely going back!

Visited August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hard to find a good Ghost Walk but this was OK.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not enough ghosts in the ghosts walk, but a nice evening, none-the-less. Much better than the Ghost Walk that is in Southport, NC, just a few miles away.

Visited September 2012