“Exquisite!”

The Peppered Cupcake
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Wilmington
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Peppered Cupcake is a gourmet cupcakery. Our mission is to provide even the most sophisticated palette with creative, exciting, irresistible, gourmet cupcakes that will give a whole new twist to the cupcake concept. Each of our gourmet cupcake recipes are baked fresh and from scratch daily using fresh ingredients. Off the hook! Our slogan is what inspires us to think outside of the box when it comes to our next creation. We are constantly inventing and reinventing our recipes to please our sophisticated Foodies. Our cupcakes are unique combinations inspired by some of our favorite dishes. Some sweet, some savory, some a combination of both. Southern influences have also made an impact by incorporating a Southern flare into some of our cupcakes such as the Sweet Tater & Molasses with pork cracklings. We also use liquors and liqueurs and sometimes they make it into the cakes;) Need we say more?
Hampstead, North Carolina
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband fortunately stumbled upon this bakery during an internet search to find his very pregnant wife a new place to indulge a sweet tooth. I dropped by on Friday evening and got the following flavors: Creme Brulee, Turtle, Tiramisu, and The Peppered Cupcake. The cupcakes were unique and amazing with the perfect ratio of cake, filling, and icing. In contrast to a lot of cupcake places, that seem to overly rely on icing, the cake was wonderfully moist and flavorful. And each cupcake was, almost, too beautiful to eat. To simply call these creations cupcakes seems to be a disservice to the talent of the owner/baker, as they are more like miniature, elaborate cakes. On top of all of this, the owner/baker was very warm and welcoming. Needless to say, she has hooked me, pregnant or not, for life!

• Visited July 2014
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you Abby! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad I could satisfy your "fix" for your pregnant cravings. LOL. Thank you for the kind review. It is folks like you that have pushed us to the number one spot in Wilmington for all places to eat...although I don't think its fair to be pushed above restaurants, which we are not. Needs to be a different category for us dessert folks. Nonetheless, I am so very blessed and thankful that you took the time to give us a review. Till next time!

“Dream come true”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've been waiting for a month to come here to taste these cupcakes and I wasn't disappointed. The shop was so cute and the cupcake flavors available for the day were so nicely displayed. We ordered a dozen to go; Turtle, Creme Brule, Vanilla Bean, The Peppered Cupcake, and a couple other flavors. We went back to our hotel and had a taste test of them all. They were amazing. Their signature cupcake was an interesting flavor that was more savory and sweet. I didn't care for it personally, but I'm sure that others would find it amazing and that this is strictly based on my flavor preference not nothing else. The cakes were beautifully presented, a wonderful texture and full of flavor. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a tasty cupcake treat.

Visited July 2014
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your review! Very happy you sought us out and have been waiting to get here. Warms my heart to know that you had TPC on your agenda when you got here and even that far ahead. Yes, the Peppered Cupcake itself is a different one. Nonetheless, I am so happy you gave it a shot. Please visit again next time you are in town!
Huntington, West Virginia
“Amazing, Unique Cupcakes”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I came across this fantastic shop while walking in downtown Wilmington during vacation. I first tried a banana pudding cupcake, and it was without question on of the best (if not the best) cupcakes that I've ever had in my entire life (and I've eaten many great, gourmet cupcakes). In fact, It was so good that I immediately went back for seconds, opting to try the Peppered Cupcake itself, which is one of the more unique and memorable flavor combinations that I've experienced. Both of these cupcakes left me so hooked that I visited the store for the remaining three days of my trip and tried multiple varieties of cupcakes, even bringing back a dozen for the rest of my traveling posse. These cupcakes disappear almost instantly, and are truly impressive. One of the highlights of my trip to Wilmington. I can't recommend these enough. I'm already looking forward to coming back next year!

1 Thank Johnny W
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I am always tickled to see someone happy with the cupcakes. The banana pudding is of my favorites. Very happy you were pleased each time you came back and I thank you for giving us such an awesome review. Look forward to you coming again next year on you vacation!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“"Amazing"”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was a little shop we stumbled upon while on vacation in Wilmington. This place had the BEST cupcakes I have ever had. I had the pleasure of tasting the Vanilla bean rasberry. It was honestly the best cupcake I have ever had, and I have had MANY:) The owner was very nice and personal and told us how she started her business. I can not wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review. Even as simple as the Vanilla Bean, I do try to make it special and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and our talk. Thanks again!
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Amazing cupcakes!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

After walking by this place in several occasions, we finally decided to stop in, and we are so glad we did. The cupcakes are melt in your mouth with unique flavor combinations. We will definitely come back again!

Very glad you did decide to stop in. We get that quite a bit. Looking forward to your next visit with us!