“Awesome BBQ with a patriotic vibe”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #51 of 727 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow, what a patriotic place! We were on our way out of Wilmington to head home from a long weekend. Our family wanted bbq. You order in line and they bring your food to you.
I ordered smoked turkey, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. They had several good choices for sides on the menu. All the smoked meats were superb! My husband ordered the beef brisket . He said it was the best brisket he had ever had. He lived in Texas even!! My daughter ordered the pulled pork. It was flavorful and tender.
We had just gotten our food and were ready to eat when on the intercom they started to play the Star Spangled Banner, our national anthem !
Everyone stood and removed their hat and put their hand over their heart and started singing!!
We were got off guard! I guess this happens several times a day! If you aren’t respectful to our country, then eat elsewhere!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Barbecue as good as you can get in Virginia! Love the noon National Anthem, and apparently everyone else there loves it as well.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

The food is superb! I’ve been here multiple times & never had a bad meal. Beef, chicken, pork. It’s all great. Home style food.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

My friend and I dined here April 30th, 2018. I ordered the beef brisket, baked beans, and cornbread comes with it. My friend ordered pulled pork , a side and cornbread. My food was excellent, the beef brisket was so tender and full of flavor. The cornbread was perfect. The peach cobbler is a must have. The best I have ever eaten in a restaurant. The customer service was excellent. He was very attentive to our needs and wanted to know if everything was ok and it was. Please stop in for a meal here, not only is the food excellent but it is for a good cause.

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Their food is good but the portions are small and the sides are extra . you wind up spending a fair amount for not much food co m pared to some of the other barbecue places in North Carolina.service was quick