“Fantastic! Best BBQ we have had in a long time!”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #56 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited Wilmington for the weekend and drove around to find a great place to have lunch. We were actually headed somewhere else when we spotted Mission BBQ from the street. We decided to pull in.

When you get out of your car you can smell the BBQ and it is very inviting when you enter!

Upon entering, we thought it was a sit-down restaurant and asked to be seated.The manager (I believe) was very friendly, knew it was our first time there, and explained our options for lunch and was very helpful! You order up front and sit down.

I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwiched with a side of mac n cheese and corn bread. My husband had ribs with sides of green beans and mac n cheese. The food was amazing and the staff were fantastic. They checked on us often to make sure we were all set. The value for the food was out of this world.

We are from NJ and I spoke with the manager, letting him know they should open a restaurant up in NJ. Looks like they are in the process of expanding.

Visit this place! 100% worth it!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My family loved every part of this restaurant. The brisket was phenomenal. My wife loved the traditional pulled pork. It was juicy and seasoned to perfection. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Very patriotic. The mac and cheese was home made a delicious, and the staff brought around samples of the strawberry shortcake. We really hope this place stays around because it is delicious!

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited Mission BBQ with friends for dinner on Saturday night and we decided to dine outside. My wife chose the brisket sandwich with Mac 'n cheese which was to die for. She's a native Texan so when she likes the brisket, it must be good. I had the brisket and half chicken combo with fresh cut fries.

My brisket was juicy and flavorful. The chicken was smoked with a nice rub and was delicious with the KC style BBQ sauce. Six different BBQ sauces to choose from made it slightly difficult as I wanted to try them all.

If you want something new and not the Eastern Carolina BBQ buffets, Mission BBQ is the place for you.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went here with 3 Generations of NC loving BBQ fans. The youngest were teenagers (who finished their Grandma's food.) The decor is rustic with a military tribute. Walk up order and take your food to your table. Prices were very reasonable quality was very good. I could have used a bite or two more of BBQ but was really enough. I had the chopped BBQ pork and added a side. Mac N Cheese, excellent. When you go to the seat there are 6 sauces to try out on your food. I have a couple favorites that I will go back for. As a native of NC who grew up on Lexington Style BBQ, it was not exactly the same. I really enjoyed it and will be a regular customer when in Wilmington. It is down the street from UNCW. Can seat a large group at bench and table seats in middle or small tables and regular booths. It is a new restaurant. The service was great, very clean and orderly. I recommend this hotel for anyone in the area. Also, it was neat to see the military trucks parked out front that also serve as mobile BBQ catering units.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Not only does MISSION BBQ exceed my BBQ loving palate, they also support the Wounded Warrior Project. They feature BBQ sauces from the regions of the US known for their BBQ!! It was so awesome finding Alabama White BBQ Sauce, one that is found mainly in my home state & region (North to Central Alabama). It's not Big Bob Gibson's or Greenbriar (restaurants in the Decatur/Huntsville, AL areas), but it's great with the Memphis BBQ Brisket sandwich.

Great atmosphere, phenomenal management, awesome staff, and the food is off the hook!

Thanks Mission for bringing something other than Eastern Carolina BBQ to our area!!