“The best snow crab I've ever had! A must visit in Wilmington!”

Dock Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #16 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a Family owned Business that takes great pride in using Locally sourced Seafood and Vegetables at affordable prices . We have been voted Best Oyster bar by Encore readers in Wilmington 15 years in a row.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We've had some bad luck with seafood restaurants but decided to give Dock Street near the River Walk a try. It's a cute little "hole in the wall" with a bar. Don't be put off by this. This place is worth the visit! We started with the crab dip. It was very good. Growing up around the Chesapeake Bay I'm a bit of a crab snob and I must say this crab dip is one of the best I've had. Our server, Ashley, told us it was great and she did not lie! Since the appetizer was so good, we continued to order our early dinner. My husband had the catfish sandwich and said it was moist and he loved the cajun spices. He also enjoyed his steamed clams stating they were tender and tasty. I had the steamed shrimp, which were good. I needed to add more old bay for my taste. I also had the snow crab. The crab was OUTSTANDING! I didn't need a drop of butter. It was seasoned with a bit of old bay and the body meat was just as sweet as the leg meat. It practically fell out of the shell. My only complaint was I didn't have room for more. Ashley was very friendly and attentive. The chef even stopped by our table. I wish we were going to be in town longer so I could go back for more snow crab. Note, the restaurant is small you you may have a wait during peak meal times. We went midweek around 3:30 and had no wait at all. Dock Street Oyster Bar was a true find!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

DSOB is the best restaurant in wilmington.. awesome steamed seafood.. chill atmosphere.. key lime pie is the finishing touch..

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had the peel and eat shrimp and this was one of the best meals in Wilmington. They were so tender and tasty. The owner was at the bar and talked to us all night. It's a casual friendly place and is not over priced. Just off the Riverwalk on Dock Street, it has a nice atmosphere. I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Wilmington .

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My friends and I walked in were immediately greeted and sat by our waitress Shannon. Atmosphere was great as well as the specials. I had a salad and shrimp Alfredo which was delicious! I will definitely be back to visit in the future. Anyone I'm the wilmington area has to try out dock street oyster bar.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Initially went to this restaurant hoping to find some great oysters. I tried the sampler, with three imperial and three Rockefeller. Both varieties were tasty, however I've had far better, especially in regards to the Rockefeller which seemed a bit dry. The real surprise though was the shrimp taco, which was absolute perfection. The spicy sauce combined with the fruit salsa made for an excellent flavor combination that was a nice complement to the well cooked shrimp. I'd definitely go back, but might be tempted to stick to the shrimp.