“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel is so great. I will stay there every single time I go to Wilmington. They are friendly and helpful. They also have great rates. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
We all appreciate your very nice review. It means a great deal to us. Thank you so much. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Summerfield, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2010

At check in they require an extra $50.00 for "incidentals" that is refunded upon checking out. Went to check out this morning & the clerk said I was owed $42.76 back. He could not tell me why my $50.00 was short $7.24. Nothing on the bill explained this either. I left my name & number for the manager to call me back & explain this & it has been almost 7 hours now & no call. This upsets me very much. Yeah, Im complaining about $7.24 but that is alot of money for me. Also when I made the reservation I asked for a grand total for the stay & was told $172.67. The bill at checkout said the stay total was $173.04. A difference of .37 cents. This is the only hotel I have ever had this problem with. As far as I am concerned, they have stolen money from me. I come to Wilmington a minimum of 3 times a year on business & was going to make this my hotel to stay at. Not any more, in fact I already have my eye on a better location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent firefighter training. Based on the survey you completed, you were very pleased with our rooms, location and cleanliness. Thank you.

We dropped the ball by not clearly explaining your charges and by collecting the incorrect deposit amount (which was fully refunded back to you at check-out), which has led to your misunderstanding of the charges.

1) You made your Government rate reservation prior to our recent county-wide sales tax increase. That would explain the $0.37 variance in what you were quoted when the reservation was made and what you paid when you stayed with us. We apologize. The sales tax increase should have been explained to you. The sales tax when you made the reservation was 13.75%. It is now 14%.

2) All cash paying guests are required to provide a cash deposit for incidentals during the stay. Our front desk associate miscalculated what you owed for the room charges + the $50 deposit. The associate should have collected $223.04 from you upon check-in. For some reason the associate asked for and collected $215.80 from you. In other words, your deposit was actually $42.76. Thus the $7.24 variance. You received the $42.76 deposit back, when you checked-out. These numbers should match the numbers on the receipt you received upon check-out.

We're very sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your stay.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn was an absolute pleasure to stay at for the weekend! With its helpful and generous staff, I felt very welcomed and wanted. When relaxing in the lobby I was greeted by Chris and he made my teammate and I feel very comfortable. He offered to get us anything and made sure we felt like at home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2010
Thanks for the cool review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Chris appreciate's the props. He's a real asset to the hotel. We look forward to hosting your team next time.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2010

i love the music in the lobby!
Chris is a really great staff member. he was very open and sweet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Glad you like our lobby music. Adds to the cool vibe here! Thanks for the praise of Chris. We hope to see you gals back again next year.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Great hotel in an awesome location -- very easy walk/ride to tons of shops and restaurants. Comfortable, clean, everything you need. Staff was awesome!!! Would stay there again in a heartbeat. My players loved it as well and thought it was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thanks Coach! We always appreciate the feedback. As in sports, we're always striving to better ourselves. Your feedback means a great deal to the entire staff that works so hard to ensure your stay is perfect. See you next time!
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2010

originally i was going to stay with a friend on this trip but janet recommended a stay at your hotel and i was so glad that she did. i was comfortable and relaxed. your hotel provided all that i needed without my even asking. the location was within a few miles of my reason for being in wilmington(the WB YMCA triathalon) and provided me with easy access to and from the event. the location also provided excellent restraunt selection and shopping which i enjoyed after the race. i actually debated coming home on saturday but decided to stay that night because i was enjoying my stay so much. the staff was excellent and i would highly recomend your hotel to friends. i would like to stay there myself again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for the nice review of your recent stay. We're glad you found our location to be perfect for your needs. We believe we're in the best spot in Wilmington with Mayfaire shopping, restaurants and movie theater within short walking distance and the beach down the street. Come back anytime!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I came into town for the YMCA Wilmington Triathlon in late September. This is one of the east coast's most renowned triathlons so needless to say, Wilmington was packed for the Saturday morning race. As this was my first triathlon, I was incredibly nervous and didn't really know what to expect. The beds and spacious rooms couldn't have been better--we comfortably had two bikes in there. I was able to access the internet quickly so that I could call and make reservations at local restaurants. The lobby had fruit and coffee out before I made it down there (around 4:30am) so that was helpful in providing a pre-race snack. The late check out time was also helpful as we didn't make it back from the race until 10:30 and I REALLY needed a shower before heading out for the day. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating either. I was starving when I got back to the hotel (as were my parents who had been up with me since 4am) so the restaurant stayed open late to allow us to grab a meal. The lobby was so comfortable and welcoming--I think Pottery Barn might have played a role in that...eitherway, I really couldn't have asked for more out of a hotel...and I didn't even have time to go shopping at Mayfaire. Excellent place to stay--unbeatable in terms of comfort and location!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for great review of your recent stay with us. We all appreciate the feedback, as do our friends at PotteryBarn. Your feedback means a great deal to the entire staff. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business again!