“Nice Girls Getaway”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was a nice overnight getaway with my daughters, sister, & nieces. Hilton's staff was friendly and courteous and the room was spacious. We enjoyed shopping at Mayfaire Towncenter. It is about an eight minute drive from Wrightsville Beach. Downtown Wilmington was about a fifteen minute drive, where we enjoyed the river walk and Kilwin's ice cream & waffle cones.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Anita O
HGI-Mayfaire, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Hi Anita O! Thank you for your recent awesome review of our award-winning HGI! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the perks our prime location has to offer and that we were able to play a part in making your girls weekend memorable and special. We hope to see you again the next time travel brings you to Wilmington. Have a great summer!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We did not find this hotel as others apparently have on Tripadvisor. Not sure where all these wonderful reviews came from but this hotel does not rise to HGI standards. Our greeting at the desk was lame - no acknowledgement of our Diamond status, nothing friendly, very robotic and even after we advised we had never been there, no information about the hotel or area. Felt like we were an inconvenience to him.

Carpet in hallways is in atrocious condition and the floors feel as though they are sinking in places - very strange. Very rundown feel to the place.

Cannot walk to the Town Center, as is implied in reviews. Go to the Hampton Inn a mile away - much better condition and much less expensive.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jennifer A
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you Jennifer A for the feedback from your recent stay at our HGI. We are truly sorry that your guest experience was not similar to the 611 past Tripadvisor reviews who have graded us as Excellent or Very Good. We do have a couple of new front desk associates but that is no excuse for not wowing you upon arrival. If you take a moment to read past reviews you will see numerous examples of our front desk exceeding guest expectations. I would encourage you to reach-out to any of the past reviewers to ask them about their experience. Implying that the reviews are not accurate is marginalizing their experience. We value every guest and the feedback from every guest. This is how we improve upon our award-winning status within the HGI brand.

We're disappointed to read that you felt that our hotel felt run-down. Our lobby has recently been renovated to reflect a very modern, clean look. As part of our improvements, the carpet in the hallways is being replaced later this year.

And finally, our location within Mayfaire Town Center, in relation to all the great shopping, restaurants and IMAX movie theaters is within walking distance for most folks but we do understand if you feel the walk is too far. There is no intent to mislead our guests. We are located with the town center.

Safe travels!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a great experience. Located close to a main road, but far enough not to be disturbed by traffic noise, and just 3 mi from the beach. Right next to a Harris Teeter where I ate all my meals and several other businesses (Wells Fargo Bank for one) on the front side and a massive mall on the other side with all the top names present. I left two of my car windows open one night and nothing was taken, I guess you could say it's a safe neighborhood. The room was standard size, with a great king sized bed, most comfortable for a good night's rest. Very clean, well furnished, Keurig Coffee maker in the room. Free internet. Lots of parking. Outdoor swimming pool. I'll go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hi Gesie64! Thank you for the awesome review from your recent stay with us. We agree that we have the best location in Wilmington and are delighted that you enjoyed our guest amenities and had a great experience at our award-winning HGI.
Next time you join us, be sure to check out our lobby restaurant the Garden Grille & Bar which is open for breakfast, dinner and evening room service. Our chefs prepare daily specials and it's a convenient option to have after a long day of traveling, sightseeing or business.
We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great summer!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm a Marriott Rewards customer. My regular Marriott was booked up this week so I stayed across town at the Hilton Garden Inn. This is a great hotel; all the amenities and very comfortable bed. Upon check in Nick Fate was very professional and he remembered me and was wonderful to work with the duration of my stay! Great job Nick. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi Shannon A! Thank you for your recent stellar review of our award winning HGI. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and couldn't agree more...Nick is great! As a Marriott Rewards customer, we appreciate you choosing our HGI Mayfaire and allowing us the opportunity to "wow" you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

If your plans include the Wilmington NC area, be sure to consider the Hilton Garden Inn in the Mayfair area only a mile or two from Wrightsville Beach. I have travelled for many, many years for work and now retired, I know from experience that the Hilton Garden group is excellent. I was not disappointed to find that the service, staff, accommodations and food at the Wilmington location was even better than I remember. After a warm reception and kicking off my shoes in a clean quiet room, I took a swim before time on the beach the following day. I was delighted to find the shopping literally right around the corner was outstanding. But I digress, I had a cocktail at the bar with other friendly guests visiting UNCW and an outstanding breakfast both days by a staff that was far too friendly at both 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM the second day. All in all, a great location supported by a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends of the halls are very, very quiet but the hotel in general is cozy, clean and orde...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Hi Jeff M! Thank you for the great review and for choosing to stay at our award winning HGI Mayfaire for your recent family visit to Wilmington. As a seasoned former business traveler, we are thrilled that our property and staff stands out to you for providing excellent service and accommodations.

We take great pride in our cleanliness, customer satisfaction and available amenities.
You are correct! Our full service restaurant the Garden Grille and Bar is a great place to unwind and mingle with other guests over cocktails, a few appetizers or dinner. The hot, fresh and made to order breakfast is also second to none.

On behalf of the entire staff at HGI Mayfaire, we thank you and hope to see you again the next time you visit Wilmington!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times for work and it is my preferred hotel. The Front Desk staff always provides prompt and friendly service. Within 5 mins of me reporting an issue with my smoke detector the Nick at the Front Desk had Jerry in my room correcting the issue! This kind of urgency towards the guests in this hotel is why I continue my stays here and I will for the rest of the year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you John L. for your fantastic feedback from your recent stays. We appreciate your loyalty to our award-winning HGI Mayfaire. Whether traveling on business or leisure, Nick and Jerry do a great job of ensuring our guests have an awesome guest experience. We certainly appreciate your loyalty. As always, it is our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Excellent desk staff, who were very friendly and helpful. Clean room. Hotel is close to Wrightsville beach and most museums in Wilmington. Very happy staying here and would recommend staying here to others.

• Stayed: July 2014
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Rebecca L. you are so kind for sharing your HGI Mayfaire experience with the entire Tripadvisor community. We’re so pleased that you guys were happy with our accommodations as well as our friendly and helpful staff. Our Mayfaire is probably a quite bit different than your annual Ballyclare May Fair but we’re glad that you enjoyed great location near the beach and the museums in Wilmington. Next time travel brings you across the pond, we hope you choose to stay with us again. Safe travels!