“my new hotel when I travel to Wilmington”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Everything was great! Especially the service by front desk agent Loren. Priceline messed up my reservation and Loren not only fixed everything but was very patient and helpful while doing so. He and the staff are great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you PKutsy for the five-star review of your recent stay at our #1 ranked Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire. We appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our great staff, especially Loren who assisted you with your situation. It certainly was our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to you and your family staying with us again. Beach season is right around the corner. Book now if you can; we’ll be full every weekend this summer.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I chose this location solely based on trip advisor reviews. Upon arrival, check in was fast and friendly and I was informed that I had a junior suite, and the room was nice...upon first glance..

The major downfall was that the Ac was not working and it was hot in the room. I tried turning the fan to on and it still didn't work. It was late and I was too tired to call down. The other disappointment was the shower. First of all, it took about 3 minutes for the water to get lukewarm (not hot) and the water pressure was not good.. I told the front desk clerk when I checked out and he was sorry for the inconvenience. The location is perfect and the staff friendly, so I'd stay here again, I just think I got a dud for a room.

Stayed: February 2014
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello MLB33…Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. From reading your two other Tripadvisor reviews during your recent Wilmington trip, you had a great visit. You can’t go wrong touring the Battleship and lunch at Front Street Brewery – two of my favorites! We appreciate your nice comments about our friendly staff and great location. We’re so sorry about the hiccups with your suite. Your comments are taken very seriously and we do appreciate the feedback. The two issues have already been addressed. No dud suites at HGI Mayfaire! :) We look forward to earning your business next time travel brings you back to beautiful Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Let me first say Eric Brown is a Rock Star! I lost a flash drive and he had it at the front desk and is sending to me UPS,excellent customer service - big sigh of relief!! Everyone at the hotel is very helpful and friendly - I especially appreciated the help that Loren gave my colleague and I our last night in Wilmington. I also appreciate the breakfast crew, the server and the chef are wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you Bmac1331 for the very nice comments concerning your stay and the great feedback regarding Eric, Loren and the crew in our full service Garden Grille restaurant. We’re sorry that you left your flash drive behind but are glad we were able to return it to you. Next time that your business travel brings you back to Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, we trust that we’ll have the opportunity to earn your business again. Safe travels!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had to switch hotels after a bad experience at another hotel. so i arrived at the HGI and was pleasantly surprised. Judy at the front desk provided excellent customer service and went out of her way to ensure that our room was perfect and that everything was as it should be. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip down to Wilmington.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you danRaleigh for the great feedback of your recent stay at our #1 ranked HGI Mayfaire. We’re sorry that you had a bad experience with one of our neighbors but we’re glad that you found us. Judy does a nice job overnight, ensuring that everyone is happy. We appreciate you sharing your HGI Mayfaire experience with the Tripadvisor readers. We look forward to earning your business next time you return to beautiful Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice place. Nice customer service. We needed a last minute room for a family emergency and we found this place very helpful and accommodating. Great in room ref and coffee service Great location. Nice sheets and towels and I'm having a hard time coming up with 200 words to say this is a crazy requirement by trip advisor.

• Stayed: February 2014
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you Clay6863 for sharing your guest experience with your fellow Tripadvisor readers from both sides of the Atlantic. No worries, your review made it! We’re sorry that you were in need of a hotel for a family emergency but thank you for selecting our #1 ranked Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire. Hopefully everything is okay with the family. Descriptors such as “nice customer service”, “clean”, “easy” and “great location” are all appreciated. Here’s wishing you safe travels back to the UK…!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spent the weekend with the Mayfair and the checkin personnel Eric B and Nick F were especially
helpful. They ensured our room was excellent and took care of all our needs. I was down for a Race and Eric and Nick made sure I had a wake up and something to eat early before the race. I would stay there again with employees like these.

Room Tip: If you ask for it they will do everything they can to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Scottusmc; thank you so much for your service to our country. It was our pleasure to earn your business. We appreciate your nice comments about Eric and Nick, our dynamic duo at the front desk. They do a great job of ensuring everyone is happy. We look forward to you and your family coming back to visit us again. Thank you.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Eric brown is awesome. Customer service and willingness to go the extra mile to help me out was exemplary.

Please hire more people like Eric.

Eric figured out a way to help me get in the hotel during a nice storm. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you Brianboggs for the great feedback regarding your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire during winter ice storm Pax. We’re sorry that you were stuck in Wilmington but glad that Eric was able to find you room here at our award-winning hotel. It was our pleasure to ride-out the storm with you. Come back and see us again, under better circumstances!