“A fantastic place for business or pleasure”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“A fantastic place for business or pleasure”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently was in Wilmington for business, but had my son with me as well. We had a delightful time at the Hilton Garden Inn. The service is incredible, the room was immaculate, and the breakfast was delicious. I stay there any time I am down in Wilmington and would highly recommend this as a great option for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you JLDewar for choosing to stay at our award-winning Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire hotel when business brings you to Wilmington. We appreciate your great feedback and excellent taste in hotels! We’re pleased that you and your son enjoyed breakfast in our full service Garden Grille restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again some time soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Mayfaire last night. We are moving and needed a place to stay and relax overnight. We were so happy with this property. Everything is tasteful and beautiful as soon as you walk into the lobby. The staff was very personable and knowledgeable about the Wilmington area.

The location is ideal! MANY restaurants and Wrightsville Beach within 5 minutes. Mayfaire shopping center has a little bit of everything, included a movie theater.

Our room was very comfortable, clean, and modern. I loved the fluffy towels and premium bed linens. Having a microwave, small refrigerator, and Keurig coffee maker was a pleasant surprise.

The ONLY negative thing I have to report is financial. We were staying using HIlton Reward points, so the room was paid for. However, upon check in, the clerk requested a credit card for incindentals. She said, "There will be a charge of $50, but as soon as you check out it goes away." Sounded reasonable to me and I know this is common practice. However, our card does have a hold for a $10 and $40 charge from the hotel. I called the hotel and they said it would take 3-5 business days for it to drop off and that I should call my bank. I did and was informed it could take up to 2 full weeks. While $50 may be insignificant to a lot of people, with us moving it has caused some financial stress. We are down to a few bucks to our name and still need to fill our car up with gas.

In summary, LOVED this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. However, beware of the credit card "hold".

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor so that there will be no guests "stomping" in the room abo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndeeDawn
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello AndeeDawn! Thank you so much for the 5 star review of our award-winning HGI. We’re pleased to be your “escape” from the rigors of moving. Thank you for recognizing the stellar efforts of our entire staff. So you liked our new Keurig coffee maker in your room? That is a new in-room amenity at all Hilton Garden Inn hotels nationwide. They just arrived and the guests love them. Regarding the credit card hold this is not something we can control. Unfortunately this is a bank policy. Not just our bank – every bank…Anytime a credit or debit card is used for a hotel stay, the bank holds $50 until the hotel transaction has cleared. It should be released within a few business days. I’m told that for some unknown reason the $50 hold is split into two increments; $40 and $10 or $30 and $20. Not sure why. We know this can be an inconvenience but we can’t change the bank procedures. We’re so sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you though for the otherwise great review. We really appreciate your business. Come back and see us again when you need a bit of a stay-cation!
Wilmington
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Mayfaire Hilton Garden Inn is a great hotel. The staff is friendly and the hotel is really nice. I really enjoyed my stay.

I arrived early evening and all was well with check-in. I had a reservation therefore check-in took about two minutes. The desk attendant was very friendly and helpful.

On the way to the room I noticed that the carpets on the second floor could use a cleaning. There were multiple stains. There are also holes under the carpet that pose a tripping hazard. A personal issue is that the ice machine is at the end on the hall. If you were in a room at the other end, you would have to walk all the way to the other side just to get ice. I much prefer it to be in the middle.

Room service was good. The food we ordered came quickly and was tasty. We ordered close to closing time (10pm) and there were no short cuts on the part of the staff at all. I was really happy that the staff gave the same effort as if it were the beginning of service.

Another small issue is the sound proofing or lack thereof in the rooms. I was able to hear my neighbors television and some conversation. The hallway was loud as well. This isn't something that can be changed easily. I'm just pointing it out for others.

Overall the stay was pleasant and I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danie R
Thank you Danie R for the thorough review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate your business and endorsement to stay with us again. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay due in part to our friendly and helpful staff. Our restaurant staff appreciates your nice comments about your room service experience. Regarding our carpet in the corridors; they are cleaned regularly but are in need of replacement. The good news is that all corridor and restaurant carpet is being replaced very shortly. Thank you.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great location and staff. Walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Judy (front desk) was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate me. Convenient to Wrightsville Beach. Plenty of parking and outdoor pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray H
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you Ray H for choosing to stay at our award-winning Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center. We certainly appreciate you sharing your guest experience with everyone. Judy also appreciates the kudos. It was our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to having you stay with again.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I spent six nights at this facility. Staff was friendly and helpful at all times. Rooms we clean and comfortable. Food service (Breakfast) the only meal we had was excellent. Used the gym daily and was adequate. The location was perfect to the Mayfair mall which is in walking distance from the hotel. We come to Wilmington about twice a year and I would not hessitate to stay with the Hilton Garden Inn again......

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor for less foot noise above
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James C
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you James C for sharing your guest experience with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing our award-winning Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire for your extended stay in Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach. The team in our full service Garden Grille restaurant especially appreciate your kind words regarding our cooked-to-order breakfast. We enjoy reading feedback from guests who were able to experience all that we have to offer, as well as interact with our friendly staff. Thanks so much. We hope to see you guys back with us soon!
Chalotte
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed on two separate occasions at this hotel. Both times the service was excellent, breakfast was awesome and fresh.
The second stay was especially impressive. We arrived on Sunday morning very early and were allowed an early check-in. We then went to grab an early lunch, I ended up with a bad stomach virus and spent the rest of the day in bed. While I was crashed in bed the rest of the family went exploring and later to dinner. Late evening I wanted some chicken noodle soup. I called the front desk to see if any place delivered and they offered to go to Harris Teeter and get me some. I was amazed and very thankful. It was over and above good service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
woodkim1120, we’re so sorry that you weren’t feeling well during your second stay with us, although we appreciate you sharing the cool story about our staff going above and beyond. That’s routine stuff for us but we know other hotels don’t “get it” when it comes to delivering world-class customer service. Who doesn’t love a piping-hot bowl of chicken noodle soup when feeling under the weather…? It was our pleasure to assist you when you were feeling down. On behalf of everyone at Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire, it has been our pleasure to earn your business. Come back and see us soon. We’ve got great holiday shopping at Mayfaire Town Center!
Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very comfortable beds, all of the staff went out of their way to accommodate us during our stay, and the location was close to everything that we needed. I also liked the fact that there was no charge for wifi as we were there on a business trip. As a matter of fact, we need to return to the area next weekend and tried to make a reservation for two rooms, but were advised that you were already booked; however the nice young man that checked us got my telephone number and offered to call me if anyone cancels. I thought this was very nice of him to offer and indeed went over and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. He hasn't called yet but I am hoping that something will become available.

Room Tip: Wonderful location, very pleasant staff, and comfortable beds.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Bridget H for the very nice comments regarding your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Mayfaire Town Center. We’re glad that you found our Garden Sleep System beds to your liking. We appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly, customer-focused staff. As of right now, we’re still in sell-out mode for Fri, but hopefully we can get you guys a room for your return trip this weekend. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was our pleasure to earn your business!