“Thank you for taking care of my Family”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My sister had surgery and could not drive home afterwards so I booked a rewards stay for her and her husaband. I couldn't be there for the surgery so this was a small way I could help them out. I want to thank you for taking such great care of them. They had nothing but great things to say about your hospitality. From getting them water to helping get breakfast ready for my brother in law to take up to my sister. Again, THANK YOU for taking such good care of my family in their time of need.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Jo G. That is a heart-warming story. You're a special Sister for helping your family in a time of need. We're glad you chose to have them stay with us. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel went over and above, I arrived early and they let me check into a clean room, needed to stay another day and they were great with that. When I changed rooms and went to my meetings I realized I had left some important items in the old room. They were kind enough to retrieve them and take them to the front desk.
Pleasant employees from front desk, and housekeeping.
Will be back often.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you Frannie K for the wonderful endorsement from your previous stay with us. It was our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to having you visit us again. Happy Holiday's!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is in a good location with shopping, food and entertainment within walking distance (if the weather is good) and the hotel is in good shape. The beds are comfortable and sleep well. The room noise was the real downer here with seemingly paper thin walls and floors. We could clearly hear footsteps above us and talking in the room next door. The staff was very friendly and helpful for asking guests to cut down the noise and advice on local restaurants. I would prefer to give a 3.5 star rating since 3 stars is too low and 4 stars is too high.

Room Tip: Top (4th) floor to avoid hearing the walking above your head
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you RaleighBri for the honest feedback from your stay with us this past weekend. We're so glad you chose to stay with us. We appreciate the 5 star rating for our customer service but we're sorry that you experienced noise issues during your stay. Most of the hotel was filled this past weekend with youth teams, which tend to elevate the noise throughout the building. We hope you give us another chance to earn your business, next time travel brings you back to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach. Safe travels!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my first time staying at this hotel and definitely plan on returning. Eric, Megan and Nick were wonderful, helpful, and accommodating. They made my family's stay so enjoyable and relaxing. I strongly recommend staying at this hotel. Thank you Eric, Megan, Nick and the remaining staff. You Rock!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

No Lyn G, you rock! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for the very cool feedback about our fantastic staff here at HGI Mayfaire. You're right, they do rock! It was our pleasure to earn your business. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I frequently work in schools in the area and always stay at this hotel. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and always willing to please. I've never had issues with anything not working properly. The location is excellent with shopping and a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance. I always look for Eric or Melissa on the front desk because they are so helpful. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you Splashadvisor for the wonderful feedback regarding your stays with us. Melissa and Eric are terrific ambassadors for our hotel. Thank you for recognizing their contributions to our staff. They do a great job ensuring your stays are comfortable. It is always our pleasure earning your repeat business. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Thanks to Judy and Bryon for the kind, welcoming and proficient service they both provided during my entire stay at this property. Truly the best service ever encountered and I will return to enjoy this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you lbbeach for the honest, thoughtful feedback from your recent stay with us. Our overnight associates are so important to ensuring our late arriving guests have a pleasant stay. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Thank you!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

i stay 90 percent of time when working in this area love location staff. however was here just 1 night for business cold morning in 30s and had no hot water for shower called front desk no 1 came so to cold shower. but good news was after talking to day time manager i think loria was her name was very sorry and to charge away so i would stay here again the breakfast is always great here

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hello dalton4unc. Thank you for the 5 out of 5 rating our property. We certainly appreciate your loyalty when traveling on business to Wilmington. We're very sorry you experienced a problem with the hot water during your most recent stay. We can assure you this was an isolated incident. As with most guest-related issues that come-up from time to time, it is not so much the issue but rather the response to the issue that matters most. I'm glad that you were pleased with our response from our assistant GM, Laurie. It is our mission that all guests have a terrific guest experience when staying with us. Safe travels!