“Business one nighter”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I was upgraded to a jr suite, boy is that nice!

Great check in, friendly staff, helpful food recommendations for supper.

Nice cold AC room with a temp control on the wall.

Jr suite has 2 tv's! I was able to connect my laptop to one and watch the other one from the desk.

Microwave, small fridge, coffee pot, ect

Nice and quite! I will stay here again on the next trip!

• Stayed: September 2012
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thanks Kevin L for the endorsement. We certainly appreciate your business. Our Junior Suites are quite nice and roomy, especially for setting-up your office in the living room and allowing you to have your personal belongings in the bedroom. We look forward to earning your business again when travel brings you back to Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was our 5th wedding anniversary and we decided to go to Wilmington for a relaxing and romantic weekend. Our check in was smooth...they offered us bottled water each day and we did the bed and breakfast package. Eric checked us in and he was warm and personable. Our room was nice, nothing extravagant but it was cleaned, smelled good, and modern. The bed was adjustable based on how firm or soft you want your bed. Shower pressure was GREAT...I love a good shower. Breakfast was yummy! I thought it was going to be the typical hot buffet but no you actually place your order for a true cook to order breakfast. Nick and Andrea were the two servers during breakfast and they were friendly and gave us a few ideas of places to go to for some great deals and antiques as I told her that I was looking for a giraffe for our nursery (I am 22 weeks pregnant). I can’t think of one thing I would complain about. My husband and I will definitely return on our next trip...which may be in December for my birthday!!!! 

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary mlindsey5! We're so pleased that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion. You hit on all our selling-points. LOL. Friendly, knowledgeable front desk; Garden Sleep System beds; great water pressure with our showers and our made-to-order breakfast in our awesome full service restaurant. We look forward to earning your business next time you return to Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach (December for your B-Day...?). It was our pleasure to earn your business.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My stay at this wonderfully clean and helpful facility made my 2 weeks in Wilmington one of the hightlights of my trip. (Beside the beaches of course). Laurie Seymore the AGM is an outstanding person and always goes above and beyond in her duties. All of the front desk staff, housekeeping staff were always helpful and friendly, I am an employee of a hotel also and was completely blown away with the happy, friendly and courteous service I recieved EVERY DAY!!! I will always stay with this hotel and their clean clean facility. I actually could not find anything wrong, loved the exercise room and pool area and internet was fast! Thank you all for a wonderful experience! Will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hello Lisa B...Thanks so much for the cool review of your extended stay with us. We're so pleased that we were able to help make your visit to beautiful Wilmington a good one. As someone who works in the industry, you know how special it is when an entire staff comes together to exceed guest expectations not just once in a while, but every day. We look forward to seeing you next time travel brings you back to the beach. Safe travels!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love the hotel and area!!! You feel like you are in your own little world at this hotel!! Everything you want in right there or within walking distance!! The staff were awesome and super nice--the restaurant and bar are great! Not a thing bad to say about this hotel!!!!! Will stay again!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you TheTruth61 for the fantastic review of our oasis of a hotel, tucked away nicely in Mayfaire Town Center. We really do appreciate your business. Thank you for recognizing our efforts to make your stay(s) relaxing and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I absolutely have to stay at this hotel when ever i visit friends in Wilmington. No other place in the area can compare to the ease and comfort-ability that i feel from just being here. Thank you and hope to see you again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hello Navarea R...! It is always our pleasure earning your repeat business. Thanks so much for your loyalty to HGI Mayfaire.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This location is hard to beat if you like having tons of places to eat and shopping around. Note that this is not a historic district it's just an upscale area of Wilmington with no waterfront. Basically it's a mixed use shopping area. This is great for business travelers that need things close by of families visiting college kids in the area.

The rooms are all very nice as I've stayed both here and the Homewood Suites next door many times. I would have picked Homewood but it was all booked up, but this place is great. There is a small bar in the lobby and restaurant but I suggest going out as there is plenty close by.

The rooms are spacious and nicely done and I love that even being a fully packed hotel the internet was smoking fast!

Room Tip: They will upgrade you if you are a Diamond just ask!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheRealBillBrasky

Thank you TheRealBillBrasky, for the thorough review of our HGI Mayfaire. We appreciate your business and hope that our fantastic customer service has won you over. There is no need to look next door. :)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The waitress, Kat, was wonderful. There was a crowd of college soccar students there for breakfast and serving was hectic, but she was a real pro. She sorted out orders for people who moved from one table to another with real grace and never lost track of the other guests as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you Bill R for recognizing the customer-focused efforts of Kat and our entire restaurant staff. It certainly was a very busy weekend. We appreciate your patience and hope you choose to stay with us again.