“Best Customer Service I've seen”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Durham, North Carolina
“Best Customer Service I've seen”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had an absolutely delightful stay at this hotel. They were incredibly accommadating from the front house staff (Eric) to the on site bartender (Daniel). They bent over backwards to make our stay exceptional. The food was delicious and the entire facility was spotless. I frequently stay at Hilton's and the level of service I usually receive leaves much to be desired but my stay at this Hilton Family hotel has truly given me hope for the future of the HIlton brand.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Hi Ashley,
Thanks for the cool review. The entire staff really appreciates your props. The staff and their attention to detail is what makes a hotel great. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stay in Hilton properties all the time, so I’m use to good service. The Hilton garden Inn, Wilmington, is an excellent property even by Hilton standards though. The grounds are meticulously kept. The staff is always very reliable, friendly and helpful. To top it off, it is very close to other amenities, like restaurants, beach, and local business centers. They get a 10 out of 10 in my book. I travel 35-45 nights a year, so I'd have to say that I'm pretty particular about where I stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Wes S
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Hi Wes,
Thank you for the terrific review of your recent stay(s) with us. We all appreciate your attention to detail. As the long running #1 hotel in Wilmington it is so important for us to exceed guest expectations every time. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We hope to see you soon.
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a beautiful room, with very high end finishes and beds. Recommend it highly!

Hi Anna,
We appreciate your glowing review of our #1 ranked hotel. Thank you so much. We're gald you enjoyed your room, including our brand new 37" TV's in every room. Come on back anytime; we'd love to have you stay with us again very soon!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is in Mayfaire which is an outside shopping area- think J. Crew, Williams-Sonoma, Gap, Pier 1 plus restaurants. It's about a mile from the bridge over to the beach.

The hotel itself was nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. Not the largest room I've been in, but it was clean. The bathroom was clean, but I have to say that it had this "smell" that just seemed to be part of it. I don't think it had anything to do with cleanliness, it just was that way. And really I have a bad sense of smell.

Breakfast was decent- how much can one expect from a hotel breakfast? So overall it was fine. Pool was small, but we played in it for a little while. We left our raincoats in the closet (mis-communication between husband and I, but since I'm typing the review, I'll blame him :) And we came back after check out and the front desk had them waiting for us. Friendly staff. Very friendly server at breakfast.

Overall- you can't go wrong with this hotel. I'd say for any sort of extended stay with kids though, you should get a suite. We had 2 queen beds and there wasn't much room and our friends had a suite and it was much roomier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for your honest feedback of your recent stay with us. We take these reviews very serioulsy and certainly appreciate the time you took to let folks know about our #1 ranked hotel. We hope to see you back with us soon.
Dunn
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Clean, friendly and prompt staff. Good food and excellent location. Will stay at Hilton Garden Inn again later this year in CA

• Stayed August 2011
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thanks for the nice review of your recent stay with us. We're so glad to have earned your business and hope to see you again sometime soon.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The room was lovely and comfortable, the food hot and delicious. Best of all, the front desk and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly, pleasant and helpful.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the nice words, especially regarding our friendly staff. We really appreciate earning your business.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington was easily one of the finest hotel experiences I have ever had. The rooms are clean and fresh, the food is outstanding, the beer is cold, and the staff are gracious and accommodating. From the moment you walk through the front door you realize that this is a special place. Yes the place is clean and fresh, but it is the hotel staff that make the difference. My stay was relatively short, however, it didn't take me long to realize that if I ever needed anything that Eric was the man to ask. On two separate occasions I had the opportunity to eat at the "Great American Grill" located inside the hotel. During my first experience Heath informed me that Tito had prepared some amazing Crab Cakes as a special. I took his advice and ordered them, they did not disappoint! The next night I went back and was lucky enough to get to know Nichol and Daniel. Daniel's creativity behind the bar and Nichol's efficient service and engaging conversation made the night memorable. Mr. Fitch also liked Nichol, and her service too. For anyone planning on visiting Wilmington, NC, for business or pleasure, the Hilton Garden Inn is the only place stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank GrippinGrain
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
You know it! We be bangin' the customer service everyday! Thanks for the great feedback of your most recent stay. The entire staff really appreciates your cool review. It means a great deal to all of us. We hope to see you again very soon.