“Haunted Pub Crawl”

Newark, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Haunted Pub Crawl”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our group met at Fat Tony's Italian Pub where the haunted pub crawl started. Our tour guide and storyteller, Stan, who looks like Hagrid from Harry Potter, was a very interesting, humorous, and knowledgeable person. We visited a total of five locations each with a story. The third location was a strictly a bar that served craft beer only (No domestics) - I highly recommend the beer Floris Apple. In order to enjoy the haunted pub crawl, you MUST have an open mind. You basically drink beer and listen to stories that actually happened. We had a great experience and hopefully we can experience the Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington next time! I hope we have Stan, again!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Brian W

Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun time and worth the experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I thought this would be a fun thing for my boyfriend and I to do while we stayed in Wilmington and it was a good time. I definitely think its what you make of it and heavily depends on your tour guide. We got lucky and had John Henry Scott who was animated and told the stories with both intrigue and humor. You visit 4 bars and here the 'ghost' stories of the Wilmington area, each one relating to the bar you are in or close by. The tour lasts 2.5-3 hours so take your time downing those drinks. We got a drink at the beginning of each story and closed out our bill right away so we wouldn't have to wait for others. This plan worked well for us. I would definitely recommend doing this tour if you are in town and have some time to kill. For only $15 per person its not something that should be missed. Not sure if you can request guides but if so then ask for John Henry Scott, he was great!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank NC_BeachGurl
Maple Grove, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was a little hesisitant when my girlfriend asked to do it. It ended up being a good time. A few ghost stories, some history of the town and some drinks. Tour guide was funny and really knowledgeable about the city.

1 Thank tjonz0202
cincy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Kind-of-booorrring”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

this tour was lame...the guide was ok, but the stories were weak.....we went to 4 or 5 bars, heard a couple of stories which all but the 1st 2 put me to sleep......and those 2 weren't all that great.........the town seemed cool and very interresting....... just go and walk around,hit a couple of bars by yourself and save the $15

Visited August 2011
2 Thank JoeBnCincy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth doing had a good time, good history”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was Fun And different I'll do it again next trip! My husband and I had a good time.

1 Thank AlyciaRivera