“Excellent Brunch!”

The George on the Riverwalk
Ranked #33 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: On the Riverwalk in Historic Downtown, The George Restaurant is Wilmington's only Downtown restaurant with a private dock for boating customers. Relax and enjoy riverfront lunch and dinner with breathtaking views. Southern Coastal Cuisine, fresh local seafood, steaks, salads, pasta, sandwiches, vegetarian dishes, kids menu and desserts. Separate Vegan/GF menu available as well. Creative martini, mixed drink and wine menus. Dogs are welcome on the outdoor deck. And don't forget to try downtown's best-kept secret for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Brunch served until 3pm. Relax on our deck and experience Wilmington's premiere hot spot for riverfront dining and sunset viewing!
Cary, NC
“Excellent Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday Brunch was excellent. The food was great, the outdoor seating was awesome (even in February), there are heaters and they give out blankets. The service was excellent. Great coffee. Only con... they can't serve alcohol until after 12 on Sundays... I wanted a Bloody Mary... but we had a great meal!

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Salisbury, MD
“Best nacho's ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

There was no wait because it was in Feb. so we were seated immediately and the waitress was excellent. She was attentive and knowledgable about the food. There were 7 of us and we all enjoyed our food. We had nachos to share and I could have made a meal of them. They had shrimp and crab on them and the cheese was almost a sauce. I had soup and salad for $8 and it was way more than I could eat. The seafood corn chowder came in a bread bowl that was wonderful. I used the bread to dip in the soup. It was Increadeble. The only neagative was the heat was broken. They were trying to fix it but, we were freezing. I will definetly go back. Loved it.!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
greensboro
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were here in Jan so had no problem with waiting. Seated immediately , our waiter was fabulous (Warren) made blue cheese stuffed olives for martini himself, was very attentive, not hovering , crab cakes were generous and chock full of crab, husbands ribeye was the best he had all month of eating out. Would come back for sure and they also take restaurant.com certificates. Makes it very affordable. We had a room with view of cape fear river,so the view wasn't important, but this restaurant has excellent water views!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank dor n
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“We LOVE The George”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to grab breakfast at The George on a Sunday morning, as kind of an afterthought. We wanted a place near the water and this restaurant came up in our Google search results. We were more than pleased with what we found! The breakfast menu was good and included all of the classics at a reasonable price. I ordered the Breakfast Plate and my husband ordered the River Walk. The restaurant wasn't busy at the time we were there, so the service was quick. The white cheddar grits were incredible! The George is located right on the waterfront, so after our meal we took a nice stroll. Overall it was a great location serving great food. We'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
“Great food, value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed great dinner at this very comfortable and central riverside restaurant. The service was excellent and the 8Ib filet mignon were exactly what we'd hoped for after a long day driving from Washington.
The only minor (almost insignificant) negative point is that we weren't served any bread prior to or with our appetizers. We really didn't mind because we had more than enough but considering everyone else was offered some I couldn't help but to bring it up simply based on the principle. It certainly wouldn't stop me eating here again nor should it stop you!