“A bit overpriced, but for a well-prepared meal and just-right service, can't go wrong here”

Jerry's Food Wine Spirits
Ranked #80 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Tried Jerry's for a nice business dinner, on the recommendation of a former Wrightsville Beach local and glad I did. My priority was good service and great food, not so much the view or location - and Jerry's was exactly right. They've done a nice job with the interior decor and atmosphere given what there is to work with (glass storefront strip mall). Location is just over the bridge from Wrightsville (or just before the bridge to Wrightsville if coming from Wilmington), so there are other more scenic spots very close by if the view is important, but for a well-prepared meal and just-right service, you can't go wrong here.

Soft-shell crabs were in season and an excellent appetizer choice (can also get as an entree). I had the goat cheese encrusted grouper entree - delicious! My dinner companion had the soy grilled yellowfin tuna and said it was wonderful, if only a tiny bit too salty for his non-southern taste buds. Entrees were plated beautifully and portions were reasonable.

The service was pitch-perfect, not obtrusive for the business conversation, but we were never in need of more water or of clearing plates - the server came and went with perfect timing and just-right attitude.

The prices were about $5 to $8 more per entree than I'd expect to pay for moderately fine dining; when you get close to $30 per plate, the place usually has a wine steward, water person, crumb sweeper, "free" taste of something from the chef, and a whole army of staff at your disposal - but here the one server took care of everything. That's not a comment on the service, which was excellent, but a comment on the pricing, which is a bit high for the locale.

Didn't have dessert, so can't comment on that part of the menu.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We took a large group who is used dining internationally and in some top triangle restaurants. They loved it. Our waitress was so attentive. The soft shell crabs were perfect. We don't get down often, but when we do, we will go back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I are in in area often and came across this place so I looked at the reviews. I read the word "upscale" quite often. First of all, restaurant is in a strip mall next to, I think a sandwich shop, upscale would NOT be the adjective I would choose to describe this place. Don't misunderstand, I've had really great meals in bad locations so we went in. At first, we thought, this has to be the wrong "Jerry's" but it wasn't. Very small dining area. There were other people there as well so we thought that had to be a good sign. I would say the average age was 60. Once again, nothing really wrong with that either, just a little different. Family wasn't quite getting the "vibe" to stay and we even mentioned leaving a couple times. Food wasn't terrible, just not great. Daughter and I had the beef ribs, they were "ok", barely. Wife had the shrimp. I will say the shrimp were HUGE but lacking taste. If you used enough sauce you'd love them, if not just for the size. Salad was good, but overall I'd have to say we most likely won't be coming back. This place seems like a place for the older locals, and that's fine for them but when it comes to what I would call upscale fine dining, this is not the place for me. We have had some great tasting meals at a place right down the road called Brasserie du Soleil. I usually get the scallops and they have never failed to bring a smile. I'm trying to trash Jerry's, I only give the opinion of myself and my family.

1  Thank Rodster117
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best meal we have had in an upscale restaurant in a long, long time! Service was superb! Atmosphere not quite what you would expect but doesn't matter after you partake of the delicious food and top notch service!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been coming here for years and it never fails to impress us. Creative menu with great food, attentive, professional servers, excellent wine list make this one of the top restaurants in Wilmington.