“Excellent food”

Ranked #84 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Jerry's for the first time, after hearing many speak highly of it. The outside is nothing special, located in a strip center, but the inside is very warm and cozy, with dark wood, mirrors and potted mini roses on the table. I had a super cold shaken martini, with blue cheese stuffed olives- excellent! The food was outstanding and the portions were large. They do offer half plates for several entrees. Their appetizers sound delicious, although I did not try any. I plan to return again soon, because there are many things I would like to try. Since the place is small, I would suggest making a reservation.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been to Jerry's many times and it has never disappointed. I recommend making a reservation. The menu is always changing, but there are always a nice selection of seafood, and meat items on the menu. Whenever we want to impress guest visiting from out of town, Jerry's is always the first place in Wilmington we think to take them. My favorite dishes are the crab appetizer, and when they have it Rack of lamb.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Jerry's is located in a nondescript shopping center on the way to Wrightsville Beach neither the shopping center nor the restaurant's exterior entices one to stop. It is sort of difficult to realize from the road that it is a restaurant. However, once inside the ambiance is top shelf and the food exquisite. Portions are quite generous and sometimes it is difficult to have both an entree and appetizer. Fortunately, Jerry's offers half plate portions on about half the menu entrees. Among the menu stars are rack of lamb, yellow fin tuna, and a fried sea food platter. Appetizers include quail breasts and baked Brie. All entrees come with a salad. On our most recent visit we had the daily special - pan seared halibut, served with jasmine rice and a sweet coconut curry sauce - we requested to swap the whipped root vegetables for the broccoli - no problem no charge. Jerry's offers delicious food and generous portions at reasonable prices. This magnificent gem maybe one of Wilmington's best kept secrets.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I believe this is my third time at Jerry's. I still love it. It small so I would make a reservation. You never know. We went on a thursday and couldn't get our first time for the reservation. Food was amazing as usual. It seems they have a sea scallop app special and it is always fantastic. This time I had the crab meat stuffed flounder. There is a large amount of crabmeat in it. It was very good. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake for desert. yummy. Would recommend this place to anyone. My only "issue" is it is a little loud in the room when it's full. It also is on the expensive end, just a fyi. But worth it to me.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I were starving after a long day and just happened upon this place. Not being from the area, we had no idea what to expect. The food was excellent! I had the yellow tuna, medium rare. Not only was it good, but there was plenty of it.
The service was also excellent. We didn't realize it would be pricey from the outside... but it's definitely not for cheap eaters. I have no idea what kind of crowd they normally cater to.