“Attention Foodies!!”
Review of Hotel Riverwalk

Hotel Riverwalk
Ranked #4 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2011

While not overly impressed with the city of Wilmington, the Clarendon was awesome. The room was large, clean and nicely decorated. The innkeeper Michael is extremely friendly and very accomadating. He arranged an early check in for us. ATTENTION FOODIES: listen to Michael, this man knows his food. He gave us great restaraunt reccomendations and the best dishes at each place. This place really goes out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DTWFLYER
There are newer reviews for Hotel Riverwalk

Reviewed April 20, 2011

This was our first time ever in a bed and breakfast, and it was sooooo nice. I was super impressed with the Clarendon Inn! The people were super friendly, they had a lot to offer, very clean place to stay, and in walking distance from all the neat sights. Wonderful place to stay! we loved it!!!

Room Tip: tropical room ;)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

In a last minute scurry to find a B&B for one night prior to a conference, I consulted the oracle, TripAdvisor, and found Clarendon Inn. I read all the reviews and then had to make a reservation! The conversation with Michael, the Innkeeper Extraordinaire, convinced me that this visit was going to something special. Not having visited this riverfront city before, Michael was kind enough to review with me explicit instructions and a very prompt confirmation was sent to my email.
The room was something out of Southern Living! Elegant and simple, with a creative flair, and very clean! The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were high quality as were the bathroom towels.
Breakfast was very filling with fresh yogurt, and delicious and warm oatmeal. Due to a high pollen count day, I chose to eat indoors, but the patio beckoned me so I later sat outside while reading the newspaper and sipping delicious coffee.
Excellence is rarely seen in so many levels in B&B's and the Clarendon Inn deserves all the accolades and more for it's deep-felt graciousness and attention to every detail of your stay. Next time, I hope my reason for travel to Wilmington allows for more days to explore and to come home to a peaceful and elegant home-base in the Clarendon Inn.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Michael, our host is one of the most hospitable people I have met.
The combination of friendliness, helpfullness and discretion made my stay an absolutely memorable one.
Each room is decorated in a different manner with a style and feel of home. The rooms are immaculately kept ( as is the whole inn).
The breakfast in the morning included home made 'biscuits' which were devine - thank you Michael!
The inn contains a business centre which is handy and is wifi enabled for the business traveller.
It is in the centre of town and very convenient for restaurants. Michael helpfully advised us on good places to eat.
Michael, it is very clear that you take great pride and care over your Inn and it shows in every aspect.
I would highly recommend the Clarendon Inn and will stay again when next in Wilmington.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Michael, the innkeeper was the consummate host! Attended to every detail. Very nice, clean and comfortable accomodations. All rooms on one level which was a plus. No stairs to climb. Great home made biscuits. Perfect location downtown within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc. Will definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed at the Clarendon Inn for a Ladies Retreat.from our church. What a wonderful and safe place to stay. The host was so attentive to our every need. There was a hospitality room where we were able to come and have a speaker. The room was spacious enough that no one felt crowded. Beautiful porches to sit and read or ponder your thoughts. The rooms were fabulous! Very comfortable and the amenities were all there. The Inn Keeper, Michael made sure everyone had what they needed. The Inn is within walking to wonderful restuarants and shoping.
I WOULD ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO COME STAY HERE....WHETHER IT IS FOR A RETREAT OR JUST A GET AWAY WITH THE FAMILY.
I am already planning another stay in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I am a frequent traveller to Wilmington, and always stay at the Clarendon Inn. The Inn is clean, warm and welcoming. Once Michael the Innkeeper learned my preferences and needs he and his staff always have my room set up for me just as I like it. Business professionals will find that Michael will work very hard to accommodate your schedule for arrival, departure and breakfast.

Each room is spacious, beautifully decorated and well appointed. There's a desk in each room, wireless internet and business center with computer, copier and a small conference table.

As a female traveling alone I appreciate the security I feel when I stay at the Clarendon. All entrances to the rooms are off of an interior corridor. Michael is always aware of who is in the building and will call to check on me if I am running late.

The Inn is located close to numerous fine restaurants as well as many casual places…..all walkable. It’s in the downtown historic district, and in the evening I often get out for some exercise in the delightful neighborhood of historic old homes, the downtown district, and the riverwalk.

I recommend you check out this hidden gem if you're travelling to Wilmington. It has become my home-away-from home whenever I travel there! And trust me….you won’t find another hotelier or innkeeper in Wilmington that will be as helpful and friendly as Michael!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business