“Best place for consignments”
Review of The Ivy Cottage

The Ivy Cottage
Ranked #8 of 45 Shopping in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Every time I go in, I find that special something that I didn't even know I was looking for! They have everything under the sun! You could literally furnish a home here, and a jewelry box.

Not crazy about the staff at the jewelry counter, the old guy is arrogant, and I certainly wouldn't have my jewels appraised there. He under appraises items, yet over prices pieces for sale. How do I know? I'm GIA certified! I was wearing an Art Deco piece my mother left me, and when he asked about it I told him it's age, which is documented and appraised, and he told me it wasn't worth $200! Needless to say, I was so angry, I took my appraisal and it's history back, and he denied ever telling me that. So, go somewhere else for jewelry, and take it to someone else for an appraisal immediately if you purchase something. I will note, the jewelry dept is leased by a different owner.

At any rate, I have found furniture, collectibles, beautiful decorative pieces, discontinued china/silver/crystal, cool lawn items, etc. I've also consigned a few things with great proceeds!!

1  Thank jaye528

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This antique and home furnishings store is one of my favorite places on Earth. All the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. We have bought two pieces of furniture and three gifts. We always look forward to stopping by to see what new things they will have!

2  Thank Teach4NC