Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a beautiful property. The service was great. Donna, at the front desk, was wonderful to us all and made me feel welcome. The hotel is in a great location with plenty to do. I look forward to staying here the next time I am in Wilmington.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tom U, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
I am so glad that you had such a "Wonderful" stay with us in our new downtown hotel! The team takes great pride in our hotel. The next time you are in the area, we would love to Welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this Hotel on business within the first week of opening. What a beautiful property! Great, friendly, and well trained professional staff. Everyone including the Manager Tom were very accommodating. They have a bistro with great food and you can also purchase Starbucks there. Who doesn't love a good cup of Starbucks or one of their lattes? I really enjoyed their gym. It is equip with more than just your average treadmills. They have actual free weights, a weight bench, treadmills and ellipticals with their own TV’s. Very state of the art. There's also an excellent resistance machine designed for all different moves to target different areas of your body. Love it! The gym also overlooks their outdoor pool area which has an area off it with a fire pit. It was freezing when I was there and it was still a great place to hang around by the fire. They also have a hospitality suite which is opposite the gym and still overlooks the pool and fire pit. I attended a gathering there and it's a great space for small/ medium size gatherings. We used their meeting space which was a bigger and good size. The screen is almost movie size which made viewing presentations easy. I noticed their very nice boardroom nearby to the lobby. There is valet for parking with a fee since it is downtown but they have an excellent valet service. The Hotel is in the heart of Downtown within walking distance to the water, restuarants, and bars. It is about 10/15 minutes from the beach but I will definitely be back and stay there!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
What a great review, thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed our Bistro and a nice cup of Starbucks. We have the only Startbucks in Downtown Wilmington. Our team did put a lot of thought onto our gym, it is truly is wonderful! We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip! Safe Travels!
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I visit Wilmington with my family several times a year and this will be my hotel of choice for any future stays. The staff was great. When I arrived at the hotel, the valet driver parked my car for me which worked out great for me since I was traveling with my family and a lot of luggage. The parking deck is located across the street so I would recommend the valet service if you are traveling with a lot of luggage. The location is 2 blocks from the riverfront and has several boutique shops within walking distance which was great for my wife to rack up my credit card bill.

The rooms were very comfortable and trendy in decor. We ate breakfast at the Bistro each morning and food was great. The hotel also serves Starbucks which was a plus. I will always stay here for any future visits to Wilmington and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Downtown and enjoy sightseeing the city by foot. All downtown attractions are within a 5 minute walking distance.

Room Tip: I would recommend paying a little more and asking for the corner king suite. Floor to ceiling window...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tazmaraz
Our New Downtown Wilmington Hotel just opened a little over three weeks ago! Thank you for being one of our first guest's and thank you for such a wonderful review. Our team truly is proud of our Courtyard!

Our Bistro and Starbucks have been a "hit" with our guest's. I hope the next time you stay with us that the family will enjoy our Courtyard on the 2nd floor of the hotel. It has a great pool, wonderful seating and a fire pit.

We look forward to Welcoming you and your family back again soon!
Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Everyone at the Courtyard in Wilmington was very helpful and accomidating.Donna at the front desk was extremely helpful. I exspecially loved the starbucks coffee as I am a hardcore drinker.
The housekeeping staff went above and beyond to remove the feather pillows from my room upon my request as I am allergic. My room was clean and fresh and ready fro my return daily. I look forward to another wonderful stay with the Courtyard staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Donna truly is Wonderful! Thank you for the kind words! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forwad to seeing you again soon!
Clinton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed this past weekend at this location to commute to Southport for my brother in law's wedding. We originally planned to stay Friday night and stay with relatives Saturday. When we walked into room 501, my husband said we are booking this room for Saturday night! The room was the size of two Courtyard Marriott queen/ queen rooms across town near Wrightsville Beach. The beds were comfortable and there was ample storage space throughout the large room. We were a bit disappointed to find there was no in room microwave alongside the mini fridge as the Marriott website stated. We brought our 20 month old along with my mom to baby sit and there was so much room for him to play and not bump into furniture and fixtures. The bathroom had a large shower that was lovely. Valet was prompt and kind. I made a stop by the Bistro to get coffee before running errands and the counter staff was kind and quick. There was a Saint Patrick's day parade Saturday morning and we ran into many parade goers that morning and that evening many downtown nightlife seekers, but the hotel did an amazing job with soundproofing. Housekeeping was great keeping the room fresh and clean. We are already making plans to return in the very near future with hopes of getting room 501 once again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TravelNC27410, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
What a GREAT review, thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Room 501 is a great room and the rest of them are too! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
California
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to stay at this hotel a couple weeks after it opened it up and had a great time! The staff are extremely friendly and professional and the location is very convenient. As a single female traveler I was able to walk around and find places to eat without an issue. There is no parking since the hotel is in a downtown district but the hotel provides a very prompt valet service . There is also a really cool fire pit outside by the pool that you can sit around in the evening. If ever I'm in the Wilmington area again I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the review! The team and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in our new hotel! I look forward to seeing you on a return trip to Wilmington!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a beautiful hotel and attentive staff! Donna, the Front Desk agent, was very welcoming and friendly. She was a joy to see in the morning and did a great job preparing a Starbucks beverage for me and my associates. I am looking forward to staying again very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor, 614. Had a nice view!
1 Thank Lynn S
We are threaded that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being one of our first guest's. Our team truly believes in Marriott's Sprit to Serve and I am glad that they took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!