“Always a fun spot”

K-38 Baja Grill
Ranked #226 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please visit our website for our daily specials and to find information about our sister restaurants, K38 Baja Grill (Oleander Drive), Las Olas Mexi-Q Grill, Tower 7 (Wrightsville Beach), Cafe Del Mar (Wrightsville Beach)
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Always a fun spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a local spot that serves Califonia syle mexican. Always frest items on the menu, with the best salsa it town. The prices are very reasonable, and a perfect place to meet friends and have a good time.

Visited November 2011

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Just renamed: Baja K38...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

Just renamed: Baja K38, but same owners and same Great food, but more affordable. Nice bar. BBQd Enchiladas are Amazing

Washington
“Yum Yum in My Tum Tum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

I love this place!! The salsa is definitely the best in town. We usually take some chips and salsa home in a doggie bag--the chips heat up very well at home. The "rolls" are very unique--my favorite is the Stetson Roll. Kind of like a sushi concept but with southwestern ingrediants. Everything is always really fresh. The atmosphere is cool, too--they have a hand carved bar with a pueblo scene that lights up. And, I've never had bad service--always very prompt, everything comes out super hot. Apparently it is the same owner as K-38, which is also excellent--they have some of the same menu items at both places, but not all. And of course the margaritas aren't bad, too!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good, just kind of in a stupid location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2007

Really good, just kind of in a stupid location.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I really miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

This is one of the best Tex-Mex places anywhere! My husband and I are no longer living in the area due to a military move and we are going through withdrawls. Kiva was my husband's last meal before going to Iraq and his first upon returning home. They went out of their way to cook him something off of the dinner menu during the lunch hour. Their guacamole is out of this world. I always order the Enchilas Del Mar (seafood)--- perfection. My husband is a bit more adventurous and has never been disappointed with any of his selections. I've snuck bites of the Enchiladas Barbacoas ( a little spicy for a whimp like me, yet I still go back for a few more bites), Fajitas and Fish tacos and all are scrumptious. We also love the cozy feel of the restaurant. We are going to be vacationing about 2 hours away next month, and yes, we will be going 2 hours out of our way to eat at Kiva.

1 Thank Etherine