“Burgers were OK”

Ranked #60 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had never tried PT's before, so we were passing one day (Leland, NC location) a couple weeks ago and decided to stop and give them a try. Wife and I ordered a regular burger, not the fancy ones, fries and a drink, each. After seeing the hype on the wall about how they were the "best", I expected somewhat more than we got. The burgers were good, but pretty much run of the mill. Certainly not worth the close to $17 it took to pay for them. I am a lover of a good burger and have eaten burgers from NC to California and Canada to Florida. These just fell short, somehow.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have been eating at PT's since 1996 when my daughter started school at UNC- W, and have never been disappointed. The seating is small, and it gets real busy during lunch and dinner hours. The burger toppings are really good, and they have an infinite number of toppings to please any pallet. They also offer hot dogs and chicken, in addition to salads. All burgers and other entrees are served with the best fresh cut French fries I have had. They put a seasoning on their French fries that make their taste really unique. Caution..one order of their fries can feed two people it's so generous. A lot of college students frequent PT's, and are often seen sitting in the outside seating during warmer months. The original location is off College Road near the UNC-W campus, but there are other locations in the Wilmington area, 5 total, and the one at Military Cutoff Rd has a large seating capacity. I forgot you can also get a grilled cheese sandwich, turkey sandwich, and a BLT, so they can satisfy any hunger. Be sure to stop by one of their locations when you're in the Wilmington area.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Best Burger, Best Fries! Fast service considering they make food to order. You can eat inside or out. Cold beer and friendly faces. Very close to UNCW campus.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and I ate at PT's recently for the first time and LOVED it! Their burgers, chicken and fries are by far the best we've ever had at a restaurant! Thank you for delivering such great food and service all around, we will be back for sure!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Amazing french fries & they always get my burger cooked & dressed perfectly! This is one of my favorite places for lunch!! & for being a laid back burger joint, the service is great! Someone is always coming around to refill your drink & check on you event though you don't have a specific server.