“PT's Old Fashioned Grille, Leland, NC” 4 of 5 bubbles

PT's Olde Fashioned Grille
Ranked #82 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“PT's Old Fashioned Grille, Leland, NC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a great place to eat! We enjoyed a hamburger and a roast beef sandwich while we were in the area. We walked from the Comfort Suites Magnolia Green. You walk up to the counter and write your order. What I liked the best was the fact that I got to chose exactly what was on my burger! And it was delicious! The roast beef was also very good. And of course, can't forget to mention the french fries! They are seasoned and very good! Will definitely return when we are back in the area!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Travelgirlslife

“Glad that others enjoy the place so much, but for me it was just average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had lunch at PT's today per recommendation from a couple that lives in the neighborhood behind the grill. The staff seem to be really friendly and are prompt with taking orders. I ordered a burger with all the fixings and the sweet tea. The burger was well assembled but the patty itself lacked flavor of its own, seemed like a frozen patty? They sprinkled a ton of seasoning all over the fries and burger. Normally I'm one who is all about heavily seasoning a meal but it was to a point where I was having to brush off the seasoning they used just so I could try to get a taste of the food underneath. The fries were a bit more greasy than I care for. My friend who dined with me ordered the grilled chicken and I believe turkey sandwich as well. He said the same thing about everything tasting the same because of all the seasoning poured on it.

It does seem to be a popular place as they was a pretty steady stream of people coming in to dine or ordering take out. Maybe we just happened to have one of the rare not-so-exciting experiences there? Either way it was pretty disappointing to pay nearly $9 for a burger combo that failed to impress me in any way.

They do have several beers on tap and offer it by the pitcher for around $10. Seems like it would be a nice option for people staying at the Comfort Suites nearby to stroll over and chat over a beer or two either inside or at the outdoor seating. The next time I'm in the area, I'll stop by and give them one more chance to see if the experience has improved and will report back here on TA.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bolivia, North Carolina
“I stop by here all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love stopping by here, any time I'm in the Leland area. I love how friendly everyone is, how fast your food comes out, & how attentive the whole staff is to you. For fast food this place has the rest beat hands down!

Visited August 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Hamburger in Town. Hands down.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hamburger places come and go in this town but PT's is flat-out the best hamburger in town and their fries are uniquely good. They use huge Idaho potatoes and on a special day you might get a 7 inch long fry! Busy, busy place. It got that way by being very good.

Visited September 2012
New Port Richey, Florida
“Better than fast food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The food is fast, but I would hate to categorize this as fast food. Everything is made to order and has great firey grill taste! The big burger is really big and I am a big guy. The fries are nice and spicy, so you feel like you are getting a little extra... oh, the fact that they cut them right there helps a ton! Enjoy!

Visited August 2012