“Consistently good!”

Ranked #62 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Please visit our website to find out about our daily specials and other information at our sister restaurants, Las Olas Mexi-Q Grill, K38 Baja Grill (2 locations - Oleander Drive and Porters Neck/Market St), Tower 7 (Wrightsville Beach) and Cafe Del Mar (Wrightsville Beach)
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been going to K-38 for years and can honestly say I have never been disappointed. Though the restaurant is located at a strip mall, when you approach there is outside seating and a chalkboard with the specials of the day. The ambience is southwestern with adobe, plaster, wood, blankets and dried chiles hung beautifully. The bar is centrally located and, as with some other bars, I have to shake my head at the amount of time from ordering a drink to actual delivery. Aside from that one criticism, The Dos Equios amber on tap is so refreshing. Another nice touch is the non-stop surfing clips that continue on a TV screen in the corner. The wait staff are well trained and attentive to your needs. The complimentary pico de galla is some of the best I've tasted and appears to be home made. The menu has so many options of southwestern cuisine that it is hard to pick. I make the mistake of ordering sizzling steak fajitas each time because it is so delightful but I need to expand my horizons.
The prices are very reasonable. This is one restaurant that you will not be disappointed in!

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We had been traveling and sight seeing all day and were running late in finding a place to eat so while riding, we came across Baja Grill, they closed at 10pm and we arrived at 9:30pm. Our waitress was exceptionally nice and very willing to explain in detail some items on the menu. The service was some of the best bar none.

Now about the food, oh my goodness it was the best, everyone in our party of 7 had nothing but good things to say and the price was very very reasonable, i would definatley recommend this place to anyone and when i come back to surf city, i will return to K-38 Baja Grill.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good tex-mex type food. Nothing fancy, just good food. More in the mid-town area away from the tourist spots.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The waitress took forever to bring me a glass of water and she forgot I also order a drink from the bar. The service was horrible.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Possibly the best baja style food in town. Not really authentic mexican, but who cares? Delicious! REALLY GOOD COCKTAILS!