“See some art and stay for a meal”
Review of Cameron Art Museum

Cameron Art Museum
Ranked #20 of 114 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The museum isn't so large that you won't be able to see all the interesting exhibits in an hour or so. This gives the chance to enjoy a great lunch, Sunday brunch or Thursday night dinner, often with music or an intriguing program to enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Cameron Art Museum

Reviewed March 23, 2014

A friend recommended that we visit this museum (the friend does volunteer work for the museum). We do not live in Wilmington, but were there last week and visited the museum. It was fun and enjoyable, and the staff / volunteers were friendly and helpful. The exhibits were nice and we had a good time.
Overall, I guess we expected a bigger "wow factor" for a city the size of Wilmington.

1  Thank Ray Z
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am not what would be called an 'art connoisseur' like some of your previous reviewers may be, but then again why limit artistic creations to certain subset of people. I greatly enjoyed the history, design, and function of the Duck Decoy exhibition. It must take a level of brashness to have such a display that some 'art connoisseurs' may pass over as irrelevant. Thank you for putting this exhibit together as it made my day. The Requiem in Glass exhibit was even more impressive for myself. The photographic medium really helped portray the subject matter. Thank you for bringing artistic creations to a wider audience, because sometimes canvas hung on the wall does not impress all.

1  Thank Straightenarrow
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Duck Decoy exhibition has been accurately described by the previous reviewer. The Art Among Friends: Four Collections of American Art exhibition(which ended the day I visited) was unimpressive. The structure of the exhibition was unclear to me but, except for a half dozen lithographs, nothing seemed worth a second glance. The Matthew Brady Greenhouse installation is a fascinating construction, but not worth the price of admission or the long drive from downtown.

So many more interesting things to do in Wilmington and area that this should be well down the list.

1  Thank ronw
Reviewed February 20, 2014

What a gross disappointment! Drive down from mid-state all excited to see the collection and there is not ONE painting on display in this so-called museum. Main gallery closed and all I saw was a collection of duck decoys - like 50 of them. Dull. I would have been really chapped to pay the $8 entry fee, waived due to my reciprocal card. The building is stunning, and I suppose I am some to blame for not knowing that it is a museum of rotating exhibits. What a pity for a facility this size and a city as well-heeled as Wilmington. I will give it a second shot once I know of a pending show of interest, but I am still reeling from the absence of any real art inside the building.