“Small but delightful”

Ranked #20 of 115 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went when they were exhibiting the works of Diane Landry and the costumes of Alonzo V. Wilson. There were only two halls, but it was very nice. My husband was a little disinterested at first, but he was a good sport and came with me anyway. He ended up being very impressed with the exhibits and grounds around the museum. We loved the little sculptures around the pond, you don't see them until you get close. It was like spotting an animal in the wild peeking out of the bushes at you!
The café had excellent, freshly-brewed coffee and big slices of a very good carrot cake. My husband loved it and we had enough left over to take home.
The staff were all very polite and informative with pleasant smiles.
I can't wait to take my daughter here next year!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very nice not much to see need to go when they have a neat exhibit. Very small museum only two halls. We just got back from Santa Fe Folk Art Museum so a little let down after that one.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Cameron Art Museum is in a striking new building, and has a terrific cafe, which offers an excellent lunch. It's worth visiting for those two facts alone. But it also serves its community with a variety of classes, and hosts some excellent temporary exhibits. At the moment it has a stunning exhibit of costumes from the HBO series Treme, designed by a Wilmington native. The Mardi Gras Indian costumes are especially impressive. There is also an exhibit of work by a Canadian kinetic sculptor, which is more interesting than that sounds. The Cameron would be very high on my list of things to do in Wilmington, and the town is lucky to have it.

1  Thank Porcophile
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm visiting from out of town so I was trying to see as many things as possible and a visit to this museum was perfect with my schedule. I especially appreciate that they permitted me to take photographs provided I did not use of flash. That way I could later reflect on the exhibit and further extend my appreciation of it.

1  Thank LauraEm46
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dropped in last week, got an annual membership, went through both exhibits, and then dropped by their cafe for some nice wine. Very quiet restful place. Nice outdoor patio with chairs, tables, and market umbrellas. Nice little shopping area as well. They do crafts on site, I plan to return for some photography courses, painting and perhaps pottery!

2  Thank OldGuido