“Ice cream delight”

Ranked #2 of 31 Dessert in Wilmington
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sampled the icecream on St. Patrick's Sunday night. No St. Patty's special.Staff was very flriendly and helpful. Cones, and ice cream were deliciuous. The chocolate offerings were very attractive.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

There is a reason why this place often has a long line to get in. The ice cream is spectacular and the service is quick/friendly. Even if you aren't in the mood for anything, just go in and enjoy the smell!

1  Thank BSmith622
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great homemade cones, friendly staff and intoxicating smells! I ordered an ice cream sunday (vanilla ice cream, caramel topping, whipped cream and a cherry of course). I wanted it in a cone cup, but the shop was out of them. The clerk offered to break up a waffle cone for me as the base of my ice cream sunday which was an excellent alternative. Wasn't crazy about the birthday cake ice cream I tasted as it seemed a little freezer burned, but the salted caramel was good and of course the vanilla in my sunday was great. Cute choclate bunny "ears" being sold for Easter as well as plenty of other homemade treats. Next time I'd love to try a caramel apple! Great location, so get yourself a cone and stroll along the Riverwalk or just hang out on the bench outside the shop and people watch.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped here for desert after our dinner at Caprice Bistro on 3/9/13. Their chocolate cashew and salted caramel ice creams are fabulous!! Both have great flavors and are rich and creamy. The house made cones are very good and hold up well under the ice cream. Wish there was a Kilwin’s in Richmond!! Can’t wait to return!!!

2  Thank 1967foodie
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Kilwin's on our recent visit to Wilmington after reading all the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor. Even though it was a really cold day, I just had to try one of their home made waffle cones. The servers were wonderful and let me try as many flavors as I liked. I ended up choosing the Salted Caramel because it was their number 1 flavor and it blew me away! The cone was so big that there was no way I could finish it. I loved Kilwin's and wish I lived closer!