“A Must!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Dessert in Wilmington
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Kilwin's on our recent visit to Wilmington after reading all the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor. Even though it was a really cold day, I just had to try one of their home made waffle cones. The servers were wonderful and let me try as many flavors as I liked. I ended up choosing the Salted Caramel because it was their number 1 flavor and it blew me away! The cone was so big that there was no way I could finish it. I loved Kilwin's and wish I lived closer!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spur of the moment stop after dinner. Everyone was waiting on me and I ran in to see what they had and in a moment of weakness I had the waffle cone with the vanilla ice cream with candied nuts...OH MY !!!!!...It was the best ice cream cone I have ever had in my life! I can't wait for my beach vacation this year so I can stop for a cone. It isn't cheap, but worth the stop to get a cone...You will dream of it forever!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Kilwin's has many flavors of ice cream and lots of other treats in this old time atmosphere. The staff is very responsive and perky. The ice cream is very expensive, so it would be hard to pay for a family. It was about 9 dollars plus for 2 regular cones. We went on a cold day, but enjoyed looking at all the things going on inside the shop, which was cozy warm.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location in historic downtown Wilmington. Perfect ice cream stop for a treat or dessert after dinner downtown. So many choices and great flavors.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Kilwin's is an institution in downtown Wilmington. The smells wafting out of this tiny store catch you halfway down the block and there's always a line out the door. It's adorable and worth a visit if you're strolling the river front after dinner. It's a little pricey considering it's not the best in town though, which is why, to many locals, it's more a place tourists go for the location and the old timey feeling. If you visit in the summer be prepared to stand in line.