“Excellent ice cream and service”

Kilwin's Ice Cream & Candy
Ranked #2 of 30 Dessert in Wilmington
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went to the ice cream shop prior to our ghost tour at the recommendation of someone we talked to on the waterfront. I know, you're thinking, "Wow, you will take a recommendation from a stranger." Well, he was a stranger obviously enjoying his ice cream. Kilwin's was packed with customers and the staff, to expedite orders, came from behind the counter and asked how many we had in our group and if anyone was ready to order. Once those orders were prepared, they were brought to the customer so he/she could immediately begin enjoying the treat. I could not decide which kind of ice cream I wanted so our server gave me a sample and even split the single scoop of ice cream I wanted between two flavors so that I could have the best of both worlds. And, we got a discount because we were going on the Ghost Tour. The ice cream was cool, flavorful and delicious. It was a great way to begin a fun evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a chain I've found across the state in several cities. The quality in every Kilwin's I've been to is the same--top notch. Both the ice cream and the fudge are as good as you can get.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

You can smell the waffle cones as you walk down the street! Friendly staff, great flavors, and the best salted caramel ice cream I've had.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Excellent ice cream, I have never been disappointed!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place has great ice cream and chocolate. We like getting ice cream and walking around the Riverwalk. Nice outing for family or couples. A little expensive.

1  Thank Melissa P