“Really loved it”
Review of Circa 1922

Circa 1922
Ranked #28 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We dined with a friend at Circa 1922. Had the shrimp and grits - super. The ambiance is terrific and offering small plates is a real plus. I would heartily recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The service was wonderful, food was great. We had the tuna roll, the scallops, the short ribs, the crepes for desert - everything was delicious.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Circa 1922 is located in an old bank building (they still use the vaults for storage!) in the heart of The Port City. Best deal in town: come early (5-7:00?) for tasty, inexpensive tapas available only at the bar. Great atmosphere, good service, and well prepared local seafood. Has become a destination for us.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ate dinner at Circa 1922 on Wednesday, April 16, 2014. We arrived at 5:30 and were promptly seated in a large booth near the front of the restaurant. We asked to be seated near the front as it was very, very dark in the rest of the restaurant. We decided to order from the Prix Fixe menus. I ordered the classic Caesar Salad, my wife ordered the organic greens. My salad was very good and my wife loved her salad. For our entrees, I ordered the Hanger steak and my wife got the Chicken Orecchiette. My steak was rather tough and did not have much flavor. The potatoes and haricot verts (green beans) that accompanied my steak were very good. My wife said her pasta dish had a bitter after taste and she did not finish her dish. Our waiter was very good, but never asked how our meal was – even when my wife did not finish her meal. I don’t think we’ll be back.

2  Thank 1967foodie
Reviewed April 21, 2014

What a great night out! This restaurant makes for a very nice dinner in Wilmington, NC The wait staff is attentive, friendly and answer all your questions. The food was incredible! We had the filet mignon and it was tender and cooked just right. The shrimp and grits are another big hit! Absolutely delicious! They had just a little kick-terrific! The shrimp were large and heated perfectly! We had the mini-desserts. These are perfectly sized cups of sweet decadence! You can get a couple of mini-desserts to share and have a little taste of several desserts. Perfect ending to a great meal!

1  Thank carolinagirl085