“Outstanding Service, Food, and dining area”

RuckerJohns Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Raeford, North Carolina
“Outstanding Service, Food, and dining area”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This RuckerJohn's in Wilmington is outstanding, this is now our favorite restaurant for our beach trips. We ate here on 08 SEP 13 (3:30 pm) before heading back home and it was well worth the stop. We were seated right away, no waiting. It has a very nice and quiet dining area, well laid out. The waiter was very nice and helpful in recommending meals for the undecided. GREAT Staff, I heard them also helping a lady at another table who couldn't decide on a salad dressing. They brought out several so she could try them and said if she didn't like them they would bring some more out.
There were three of us and it had a very diverse menu. Not just burgers, but seafood, sandwiches, salads, ribs, ...etc. I had the Texas burger and it was excellent. It comes covered in chili and all the fixin's (no bun) (see picture). The kid's meal cheeseburger was also very good (see picture). They were REAL BEEF, not over pressed dry patties. We had the fries and sliced potatoes as sides and these are real potatoes again very good. Finally, the spicy shrimp wrap, large shrimp wrapped with tomatoes, veggies and a slightly spicy sauce, was excellent (see picture). The side was a loaded potato and it was cooked perfect, so it wasn't too dry. Although we were a little full we tried dessert. HIGHLY recommend the apple crisps. It's enough for two maybe three. It is apple cobbler filling covered with ice cream, croissants cut into slices, fried and covered with light sugar, delicious (see picture). The fudge brownie ice cream sundae was also very good (see picture). Th e brownie was fresh and soft but not overly sweet or mushy. This is an outstanding place to eat and we highly recommend it.

Visited September 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Must eat here”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our family of 5 adults and one toddler ate here on our last night in Carolina Beach. I chose this place because of the extensive menu that seemed to please everyone, even our toddler. I had the sauteed crab cakes which were the best crab cakes I've ever had. There seemed to be only crab meat and nothing else. Dishes we had were the shrimp and grits which were completely finished; the filet cooked to perfection; chicken salad (huge serving); and perfectly cooked tuna steak. The meal was delivered to us rather quickly also, especially considering the steak was ordered well-done. We arrived at around 5:30 on a Friday evening and were seated right away. However, when we were leaving about an hour later, there was a considerable wait. The service was great too. I would highly recommend coming here to eat.

• Visited July 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Another Good Experience at Rucker Johns”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been to Rucker John's a couple of times in the last two years when visiting the NC coast. The menu has a nice variety of items from burgers and sandwiches to dinner items. Our party had everything from a salad to shrimp and grits, all very good. The service was excellent. Wait staff was very attentive. This is a busy restaurant, but they have plenty of seating and the staff to handle it.

• Visited July 2013
Caldwell, North Carolina, United States
“Great meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great place to eat. A little pricey, but no more than other restaurants in the area. Had a nice meal with my family on our last night at Carolina Beach.

Visited June 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Wonderful food and great service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband talked me into coming here again while we were on vacation. We had been several years ago and loved it then, but I felt like it had more of a chain feel than a local place. However, I thanked him afterwards because my seared tuna salad was excellent! My husband loved his crab cakes (as usual) and our boys liked their kids fried shrimp. I tried a couple and they were very good - not your typical kids fried shrimp. And they could choose any side on the menu instead of typical fries, which I really liked also. Our server was wonderful. If you don't get a salad (including a side salad) you should order a basket of croissants with your meal.

Visited May 2013