“Bad just Bad”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife wanted to try this place for a while because of the terrace seating, so we finally had a chance to go without the kids so I made a reservation for one of the outside tables. When I made the reservation I made sure that the restaurant could accommodate my many food allergens, and I was assured that everything was fresh so it would not be an issue. My was so excited that we were going to have a nice romantic night out without the kids and she could not stop telling me exactly what she was going to order over and over again she was like a kid getting ready to go to the candy store(it was actually kind of cute). We arrived on time and the host seated us right away, and let me tell you the view from the front corner terrace was beautiful. Everything was shaping up to be a great night, which is until the waitress came to take our orders. I explained my allergy issues and she just gave me a dumfounded look and explained that while everything was “fresh” they could not do anything for me because the food had seasoning on it (If something is fresh it does not come with seasoning on it by the way). My heart sunk because my wife’s face went from happy to sad in one second flat. We asked if the waitress could give us a minute so we could decide what to do. After a few minutes of fast talking I convinced my wife to stay and I would just get a plain salad. The waitress returned and I ordered my plain salad no dressing in fact I told her not even to bring any on the side, and then my wife ordered the Arancini for an appetizer and the rib-eye for dinner only to be told that they were out of the Arancini. My wife at this point was getting a little upset but to her credit she shrugged it off and ordered the flat bread instead and asked for a glass of wine. We then proceeded to wait 20 minutes until the waitress returned and asked us “did you order this glass of wine? I have been carrying it around because I couldn’t remember who ordered it”. Really she couldn’t remember are you kidding the place weren’t even that busy. She brought out the appetizer shortly afterword’s and my wife said it was really good, but she really would have rather had the Arancini. Our dinner arrived and of course my salad had a little cup of dressing sitting on the side. I took a few bites and found she had spilled dressing all over the side of it. At this point I was done, but my wife didn’t want me to make a scene so I keep my mouth shut, any way who was I going to tell our waitress was nowhere to be found. My wife’s potatoes were very good as was her asparagus, but the steak was terrible she could barely cut it with the knife and it looked like shoe leather. My wife was so disappointed and I will be honest I was just flat out angry, but we paid the bill and left without a word to the waitress. Unfortunately it looks like this place is just a tourist trap, it has a great location so they can serve you bad food and give you terrible service and they will still always have a fresh customer base. Needless to say we will not return.

2  Thank Kerrdog

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Cute place with an amazing view! Amazing good food as well. Mahi grilled was awesome as was the spicy seafood pasta. Will be back!

1  Thank AmandaG-unit
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The food was just ok, the waitress was clueless, and the prices were steep for the portion size. There are way too many options in downtown Wilmington to waste your time here.

1  Thank Branshan6290
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I would like to start out by saying I am a waitress. So I am very understanding when it comes to most situations. This is the first time I have ever left someone one dollar. To begin the night. We were sat with NO MENUS. We sat almost 15 minutes without a greeting by our waitress. Finally after looking around we had are drink order taken. Still no menus. Once we finally have the menus and are ready to order. She is not to be found. I ordered a pretzel appetizer. It was very bland and nothing I couldn't take out of a freezer at home. The rest of my food was fine. As I am eating I also see every table but me have free bread... When it came to getting our checks it took another 15 minutes. Once i had given her my card she took several other tables orders, brought boxes, filled up drinks, and continued on never stopping by. By this point I was standing up. And had to grab her attention to get my card. When I went to leave I asked for amanager. Which after 10 Minutes of waiting around on the manager/owner/ cook I left. There needs to be a front manager that can quickly handle issues. I didn't need any money or anything free just someone to address the situation. WILL NEVER GO BACK AND DONT RECOMMEND!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food was good here, the atmosphere great and the service was highly (unintentionally) amusing. A little more training for the very willing members of staff wouldn't go amiss.