“WORST EXPERIENCE AT A RESTAURANT”

The Riverboat Landing
Ranked #83 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Water
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I would like to start out by saying I am a waitress. So I am very understanding when it comes to most situations. This is the first time I have ever left someone one dollar. To begin the night. We were sat with NO MENUS. We sat almost 15 minutes without a greeting by our waitress. Finally after looking around we had are drink order taken. Still no menus. Once we finally have the menus and are ready to order. She is not to be found. I ordered a pretzel appetizer. It was very bland and nothing I couldn't take out of a freezer at home. The rest of my food was fine. As I am eating I also see every table but me have free bread... When it came to getting our checks it took another 15 minutes. Once i had given her my card she took several other tables orders, brought boxes, filled up drinks, and continued on never stopping by. By this point I was standing up. And had to grab her attention to get my card. When I went to leave I asked for amanager. Which after 10 Minutes of waiting around on the manager/owner/ cook I left. There needs to be a front manager that can quickly handle issues. I didn't need any money or anything free just someone to address the situation. WILL NEVER GO BACK AND DONT RECOMMEND!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food was good here, the atmosphere great and the service was highly (unintentionally) amusing. A little more training for the very willing members of staff wouldn't go amiss.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Our 1st trip to Historic Downtown Wilmington and had dinner at Riverboat Landing! What an excellent meal! The food was amazing. The views of the river are perfect. Trent was our waiter and was just outstanding! Highly recommend coming to Riverboat Landing!!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A great lunch prior to touring the Battleship North Carolina included a chicken salad sandwich, a blackened mahi sandwich and a burger. All delicious! Efficient service, historic feel and a nice view even from the street level floor.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The location of this restaurant is great. We sat at one to he balconies facing cape fear river, it was a beautiful sunset. The food was good and the service was good too. The only part that was a little annoying is that the door to the balcony keep opening and it was hard to keep it closed.